The Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) community is comprised of successful, motivated and passionate women from across the retail and brand ecosystem. Beyond directly connecting with the industry’s most elite women leaders, benefits of membership include access to peer groups, special discounts, and more. Last week, we identified some of the membership benefits; this week we will round out the list with five more exclusive benefits of being a WIRLC member:
- As a WIRLC member, you have access to special offers from Women in Retail Leadership Circle partners. One of those special offers comes from Collaborative Gain, a private community of senior leaders who make smarter, faster decisions by supporting each other. Members are assembled onto councils of peers by job function in a noncompetitive, sales-free environment where they can count on the confidentiality and commitment of the group. Collaborative Gain is offering WIRLC members 50 percent off their onboarding fee ($750 value). Another special offer WIRLC members can take advantage of is with Innovation Women, an online visibility bureau helping connect entrepreneurial, technical and innovative women with event managers for speaking opportunities. Innovation Women is offering WIRLC members a discount off a yearly membership ($25 value). You can find the code on the special offers page of the WIRLC website.
- WIRLC has an Ambassador Program available that enables our members and other leaders in our network to coordinate meetups with other executive women in their local areas. The program was created as way to give our members more opportunities to connect with each other, network and grow. And, of course, you can learn about WIRLC at the meetups. We currently have two ambassadors: Yasaman Stewart, director of retail and design for Nothing Bundt Cakes, is our Southeast ambassador, and Annette Dunleavy, vice president, digital commerce, QVC, is our Northeast ambassador.
- Providing access to thought leaders, mentors, career coaches and others that can help women take their careers to the next level is a strategic priority for WIRLC. Our members can find a list of all of the great career coaches — including their contact information — who have spoken at the Women in Retail Leadership Summit and On the Road events over the years on our website. We encourage members to reach out to the coaches for help on improving performance through leadership development.
- Women in Retail Leadership Circle’s peer group calls are designed to give members the chance to connect with each other via private video calls. While these calls were originally created to support members during the coronavirus pandemic, they’ve evolved to be a support system for a variety of topics, including business strategy, executive professional development, and more. These groups consist of eight to 10 members, are segmented by job function, and meet weekly or biweekly. Members can find a list of our peer group leaders as well as instructions on how to join a peer group on our website.
- Finally, when we’re allowed to safely gather in large groups again, WIRLC provides event discounts to members. Members receive discounted registration to the annual Women in Retail Leadership Summit (a $395 value, which is equal to the cost of membership), discounted registration to WIRLC: On the Road regional events (members attend for just $99!), and free access to Women in Retail Leadership Circle events at industry trade shows such as Shoptalk.