Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) is excited to announce a new partnership with the Vendors in Partnership (VIP) Awards. The Awards, co-founded by retail strategist, community builder, and former COO and CIO in the retail industry Vicki Cantrell, were designed to acknowledge retail technology service providers’ contributions to the industry.
Why did Vicki launch the VIP Awards program? She believes “the partnership between retailers and the support ecosystem can be collaborative and co-celebrating, allowing all boats to rise in service to the customer. Retailers need the community that support them. [Retail technology service providers] are important companions that deserve recognition for guiding, providing, innovating and investing.”
Establishing the VIP Awards program for the solution provider community gives retailers and brands a formal way to support, influence and recognize those partners that integrate business methodologies based on shared success metrics and a service level derived from the retailer’s needs, Cantrell said.
Here are some additional details about the VIP Awards:
- The VIP Awards are split into nine categories celebrating all aspects of the retail ecosystem. Categories include Best Omnichannel Customer Experience, Best In-Store Solution, Best Commerce Platform, Best Progress in Fulfillment, and Best Consultancy/Advisory.
- Entry is open to any company providing solutions and services to the retail industry. This includes software/hardware providers, analysts, consulting firms, agencies, media, trade show producers, etc. The awards team and a panel of judges will verify that all nominations are in the correct categories.
- Retailers can submit their favorite technology partners via this link by Oct. 31. The Vendors in Partnership (VIP) Awards will then contact those providers regarding their nomination.
- Retailers (and other supporters of technology vendors) can vote for their favorite providers from Nov. 1 to Dec. 1.
- Winners will be announced at a gala event taking place on Jan. 10 in New York City.
Take a peek at the program and if interested, vote for your retail technology partners! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.