From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Brand Marketing Director drives and leads the brand’s marketing strategy for all or some of the brand’s consumer territories, managing a team in order to drive engagement, growth and revenue goals across accounts and global markets.
- Responsible for directing the development of strategic marketing plans for major category initiatives, implements category activation across accounts and global markets, and leads a synergistic global go-to-market approach.
- Drives creative brief process to develop the seasonal assets.
- Leads the global asset strategy.
- Partners with regional marketing teams to build annual marketing plans and ensure successful implementation of programs; prioritize key partners (accounts and markets).
- Responsible for consistent global brand voice between regional partners and brand marketing teams. Leads communication efforts with regional partners to ensure global product positioning and objectives are defined.
- Directs the development of seasonal sell-in and sell-thru tool-kits to drive successful sell-in of global product marketing stories.
- Works seamlessly with the DTC commercial leads and DTC marketing teams to bring the brand and product marketing stories to life.
- Leads, in collaboration with senior product creation leaders, the development of long term global brand strategies inclusive of key product and key marketing stories.
- Develops and leads consumer insights strategy ensuring consumer insights are imbedded cross functionally with a global view.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor's degree required/MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of marketing experience with major national brand experience. International experience preferred.
• Solid written communication skills and demonstrated comfort level with public speaking.
• Strong understanding of global markets
• Proven track record for leading and developing new initiatives.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
• Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.