This position is responsible for creating and leading a high performance team that drives sales through achieving competitive store results in a high volume, highly complex store. The Chief Executive Merchant will provide strong leadership to the team, execute sales generation and operational functions in the store to ensure customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, inventory control and compliance with company procedures.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Three to five years retail management experience and proven ability to direct operations at all levels.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, training, sales generation, operations and merchandising.
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow up and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- Stay within budget with respect to controllable expenses and drive profitability.
- Train and develop high-caliber management talent and be accountable for the quality of training and development of sales associates.
- Manage the store and its employees to ensure all store sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Identify ways to drive sales generation and ensure action is taken to achieve goals.
- Support, model, and enhance the seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
- Hold others accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during peak traffic periods.
- Communicate merchandise sell-through and market trend information to Senior Director Regional Operations.
- Conduct management and sales associate recruiting, interviewing and selection processes to ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Create and maintain store team, regional, and corporate relationships.
- Review and assess the performance of management staff. Ensure high quality review, assessment and feedback to sales associates.
- Train, develop, and supervise management staff. Ensure high quality supervision, training, and development of sales associates.
- Define workload for management staff.
- Monitor management staff and sales associate retention and career development; communicate ideas to Senior Director Regional Operations.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of management staff and sales associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to payroll and business planning processes.
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
- Handle store level human resources or loss prevention issues with Senior Director Regional Operations, Human Resources Manager or Loss Prevention Manager when necessary.
- Ensure proper scheduling of management staff.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an effective manner.
- Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are essential functions of the job.
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Supervise assistant managers with respect to their supervision of inventory control clerk, warehouse associates, and sales and customer service associates.
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Plan, prioritize, organize, time management, efficiency, communication, coaching, training and motivation.