It’s a big milestone for Brooklinen to be bringing on our first Chief Marketing Officer. Over the years our team has been known (there were awards involved!) for our best-in-class creative, marketing, and digital brand experiences. We have an amazing team in place and are looking for the right leader to oversee these 3 functions of our business and continue to drive the Brooklinen brand forward, unifying marketing and digital strategy across all business channels.
If you love the Brooklinen brand, have the vision and experience to drive an innovative and brand-aligned strategy, and thrive on leading, aligning, and scaling high-performing teams, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This role is based in Brooklyn, NY (2 days in/3 days remote schedule) and reports to Brooklinen’s CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a 50+ person organization comprised of 3 critical business functions, Creative, Digital Product, and Marketing; drive strategies in each function to serve the needs of all business units (currently: retail, ecommerce, wholesale, Amazon, hospitality) with the right balance of customization and cohesion
- Create strong alignment amongst these functions to create the best end-to-end customer journey from initial brand discovery to purchase and through post-purchase (retention and loyalty)
- Join the company’s growing C-suite, building strong relationships with partners to drive overall company strategy
- Guide the organization in evolving our brand through thoughtful market analysis and insights; provide strategy and insights to ensure our creative assets and marketing campaigns drive strong awareness for the brand while supporting our acquisition and retention goals
- Own the campaign calendar across marketing and product launches, ensuring GTM strategies match market trends and business priorities
- Partner with functional leads to bring efficient, innovative, and brand-forward strategies while quickly reacting to the evolving market and business needs
- Leads the identification of target customer segments and markets; leverages market trends, home industry insights and trends to formulate decisions
- Full P&L ownership of our ecommerce business channel; ensure we meet our forecast by aligning our product roadmap, site merchandising strategy, testing program, and conversion rate optimization program to our top-line business goals
What we’re looking for:
- Prior executive-level experience and 15+ years of overall experience; prior experience in a high-growth, digitally-native ecommerce business strongly preferred
- Deep expertise and prior leadership experience in the areas this role oversees (creative, marketing, and digital product/ecommerce); knowledge of functional areas such as data privacy, accessibility, and international expansion a strong plus
- Someone who has overseen a $50M+ marketing budget across all areas of marketing (online/offline, acquisition/retention, PR, affiliate, influencer)
- Track record of innovating in these areas as the industry and technology has rapidly evolved
- Exceptional leadership skills; someone who has studied and implemented what it means to be an inspiring, strategic, and supportive leader
- Someone with a track record of implementing the appropriate systems, organizational structures, and processes to achieve the organization’s KPIs; an expert collaborator who can solve for this across their own teams and others
Brooklinen, home of The Internet’s Favorite Sheets, was founded in 2014 with one goal in mind: We want you to be comfortable.
We believe everyone deserves beautiful home essentials, and our approach to provide these is simple: Create high-quality products using the finest materials – from bedding to towels and everything in between – and offer these products directly to our customers (without the luxury markup!). As we’ve expanded beyond the bedroom, introducing bath goods, accessories, loungewear, our Spaces marketplace and IRL retail stores (with many more opening in 2022 and beyond!), our goal of keeping you comfortable has remained at the forefront.
We take pride in our products and think you will, too: Our sheets, towels and more have received over 100,000 5-star reviews and been recognized by numerous industry tastemakers such as Apartment Therapy, Good Housekeeping, The New York Times’ Wirecutter and many more.