BACKGROUND ON THE PROBLEM FOR OUR CMO TO SOLVE
When Vive launched back in 2016, we had the right product market fit and our immunity shots took off with limited marketing support. Over the next five years, we focused on distribution and were happily surprised when in every channel, and in every region across the US, our immunity shots continued to perform exceptionally well. We focused on building a world class Sales team, Operations team, Finance team, Board of Directors, and top tier Financial Backers. While our company continues to perform exceptionally well from a product and financial performance standpoint, it is time for our next world class hire – our CMO – to take our brand to the next level.
In 2020, we began working on our mission and vision with Board members and Advisers. We defined our mission as “To Spark the Holistic Wellness Journey for All”. We believe this mission is now more important than ever before. We need to be solving for the root cause of issues, not treating the symptom - both individually and as a society. Considering all factors that impact our wellbeing; environmental, physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and societal impact. And we need to be taking proactive steps, not just reacting. As our integrative medicine doctors put it, our product is the hook or the tip of the spear. Now that we are selling in close to 20K stores including national distribution in Walmart, Target and Whole Foods, we have the ability to attract tens of millions of people and bring them into the holistic wellness journey through dialogue, understanding, and education. As such, we have the ability to grow this brand into something substantial, that brings about true change in our society and for our planet. And we can do this with the vision, guidance, and leadership of our CMO.
Our CMO will bring the marketing discipline and strategic approach for many of our most important business considerations like understanding our consumer, leveraging data and insights to predict where things are headed, and taking action accordingly to building our five-year innovation roadmap. We currently have exceptional individual contributors in our marketing department - smart, passionate, talented and dedicated. However, we are missing our CMO to connect all the dots to shape, weave, design, and integrate our brand to the highest level. With our CMO in place, and the rest of our talented team, we have no doubt that this company will become something truly great and meaningful in the world, and we will leave a positive mark on society and our planet.
Our CMO will be working with the CEO & Co-Founder, Wyatt Taubman: (www.linkedin.com/in/wyatt-taubman-85546266/) along with an exceptional leadership team, and Board of Directors including Rebecca Messina, Chuck Muth, Mark Rampolla, Jared Stein, Candace Crawford, and Arif Fazal.
As Vive’s CMO, you will be integral to Vive’s ability to realize its mission To Spark the Holistic Wellness Journey for All. You will bring vision, leadership, organization and execution to our efforts to deliver on this mission. You will guide, design, and implement the future of Vive’s marketing capabilities, and will have the privilege and responsibility of further building out the marketing organization to capture current and future growth. This role will be responsible for understanding our consumer, designing and sharing our story with the world, educating the world on the benefits of Holistic Wellness, and growing and nurturing our bond with current and future customers.
Areas of ownership:
- Strategic planning, including innovation roadmap and pipeline
- Brand building and consumer engagement, including a deep understanding of our consumer
- Insights and market analytics
- Building and leading a world class marketing organization
- Ecomm and marketplace sales
- Cross functional collaboration
- Marketing operations
- Develop the 3-5 year strategic plan that defines the growth agenda for the brand that includes size of total business, what the mix looks like by product type, retailer and market and the 5 year product architecture, which categories is the brand in, what forms is the brand in, what is the packaging and pricing
- Drive product launches from concept to market including the overarching view of concept, formulation, packaging, pricing, gross profit margin, forecast, marketing support, retail launch strategies, etc.
- Develop long-term and short-term strategic marketing plans that will grow the business in line with its growth goals, expand brand awareness, deepen household penetration, increase frequency, and increase average dollars per occasion - ultimately furthering our mission in the world
- Lead the marketing team’s effort to develop brand and product launch campaigns that support the brand strategy and growth goals
- Build a world class marketing organization to deliver on our mission and growth goals
- Lead, inspire and manage the marketing team and agencies to delivering exceptional results
- Build and own the Company's capabilities around consumer, brand and category insights and analytics for the brand, including building the process, team, and cadence for analyzing a comprehensive assortment of data sources, and the share out of key insights to business leaders within the organization that will drive market-leading strategy and decision making
- Leverage these insights and understanding to predict future category, product, ingredient, merchandising, and messaging trends and opportunities that the Company can capitalize on, and initiate the necessary plans and action to lead in these areas
- Oversee our marketing communication channels, driving strategy and KPIs for social media, email, web, public relations, digital and traditional advertising, in-store communications in addition to launching and developing new channels
- Continue to refine messaging strategy and hierarchy of information, and ensure the Company’s messaging and brand aesthetic is clearly and consistently defined, communicated and applied across all touch points, internal and external.
- Oversee the success of the company’s E-Commerce and Digital sales team and business including continued growth and integration as key channels of our business, defining KPIs across eCommerce channels (e.g., DTC, marketplaces, omnichannel retailers) and by format (e.g., pick-up and delivery, home shipment, instant delivery).
- Marketing is at the heart of the business and leads in the key consumer decisions we make- nurture a team-based culture of cross-functional collaboration both internally with the Marketing department and all other departments, developing relationships across the business, driving key cross-departmental projects and initiatives, and unifying our brand’s execution across all touch points
- Operationalize the strategic marketing plan and how resources (budget, time, people) will be deployed to deliver results. This includes operationalizing the plan and marketing budget, with a marketing calendar, across all touchpoints (online and retail) as well as engaging (hiring, briefing, evaluating etc) agencies (PR, Media, Social/digital) to deliver these plans on time and on budget.
- Drive engagement with employees, customers, the board and key stakeholders around our brand vision and narrative including leading and delivering key presentations across the year (i.e, quarterly board presentations)
- Minimum 15 years of marketing leadership experience with a nationally-branded company in the high growth consumer products industry.
- Has grown and managed a successful natural food or beverage brand in a high growth stage
- Is highly curious to know all there is about our consumer, future trends, where the world is heading, and making predictions
- Category experience with an RTD beverage brand is a big plus
- Having a range of experiences in addition to traditional marketing - from product development, to sales, to ecommerce is a big plus
- Has a deep level of understanding around strategic planning, building and leading a world class marketing organization, and insights and market analytics
- Understands the importance of a purpose driven brand and can help build a culture that supports it
- Having some understanding or appreciation of holistic wellness or medicine is a big plus
- Proven track record of exceeding marketing-driven business results
- Reputation for being creative, strategic, innovative, and consumer/customer-centric. Best in class.
- Consistently displays a positive, cooperative, self-motivated and professional attitude
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, integrity, initiative and “can-do” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook and G-suite applications
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits (401K, Healthcare) + Equity + Flexible Work Environment awarded to the right candidate.
Vive Organic values diversity, including diversity of thought.