John Hardy is seeking a Content Director to own our brand’s content strategy and oversee all brand and seasonal content development. In collaboration with channel leaders, this position will lead global quarterly and monthly content rollouts and provide consistent measurement/analysis of impact in each market. If you’re familiar with our brand, you know we’re a bit different than other jewelry companies. We are looking for someone who sees endless creative possibilities in those differences and is eager to bring them to life.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an unexpected, brand-expanding approach to how we bring our voice to life, season after season.
- In partnership with CMO and customer acquisition, continuously refine and build global evergreen brand storytelling to both attract new customers and to drive loyalty.
- Work with channel teams, merchandising and customer acquisition to understand consumer insights and define scope/needs of seasonal content production.
- Understand our customer funnel, seasonal impacts, and overall strengths/weaknesses of our global content ecosystem – in partnership with Customer Acquisition, develop theories of how/where to target efforts to improve.
- Brief creative team on seasonal requirements and collaborate with them + CMO on seasonal content strategies.
- Provide strategy & lead alignment around how to use the content development budget – assigning specific channel requirements and goals for all projects.
- Guide content development in collaboration with the creative team – ensuring that our GTM milestones around ideation, briefing, pre-production, and execution are on time and on budget.
- Lead content packaging & distribution – develop clear, efficient seasonal kits that both inspire and are easy to implement
- Measure and create benchmarks for content performance across multiple channels and regions based on standard KPIs and qualitative feedback sessions from channels.
- Present reporting and feedback with recommendations for how to improve back to the creative team, channels, and merchandising teams, providing clear recommendations.
- Collaborate on media planning with head of customer acquisition.
- Ensure global brand consistency and adhere to high brand standards & guidelines
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing / Communications, Journalism, English or similar.
- 5-7 years leading digital-centric content strategy and development.
- You consider content strategy from a digital-first viewpoint.
- You have overseen content development production workflows including social, influencer, copy, photography and video.
- You have created work that shows a clear, underlying commitment to diversity.
- You can lead processes across global cross-functional creative and channel teams both effortlessly and with compassion.
- You communicate with clarity, even when it’s uncomfortable.
- You have worked with lifestyle, aspirational, or luxury brands.
- You have experience leading agency engagements.
- You enjoy working in small, highly motivated teams.
- You find (or would find) owning the whole process liberating.