At Sperry we are here to inspire everyone to find common ground, as we have since 1935. We create products that can transcend boundaries because we believe it’s the little things that can help bring us together. We’re proud to embrace timeless styles and quality everyone can relate to. Join our team and help us inspire people to recognize their commonalities and create more meaningful connections and better communities.
The Creative Marketing Director drives and leads the translation of marketing objectives into creative strategies. Through a team, leads the creative idea generation and execution across all channels and branded initiatives.
- Drives creative concept, design and voice to achieve brand creative objectives against seasonal campaign strategy.
- Collaborates with marketing leadership, business leads and other internal stakeholders to conceptualize and deliver compelling campaigns and marketing collateral.
- Directs internal and external creative service providers to conceptualize and create disruptive integrated digital-first global product campaigns that deliver on brand purpose.
- Sets the creative tone and upholds brand design standards, which includes implementing tools and processes to maintain global brand consistency.
- Attract best-in-class talent and agency partners to build a best-in-class in-house creative agency model that efficiently produces multi-media creative campaigns.
- Lead, manage and participate in creative agency partnerships to drive optimum output and highly productive relationships ensuring a level of excellence and value for the brand.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of art direction and/or graphic design experience.
- Excellent track record of creative design and implementation.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 4 years’ experience of managerial experience, including the management of creative teams (e.g. photographers, producers, graphic designers).
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Solid presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with and influencing both external and internal senior leadership.