The D-to-C Marketing Strategy Manager is responsible for marketing strategy and execution for all marketing related activity within the direct to consumer retail channels in North America. The teammate in this role will support the development of and lead the execution for integrated marketing plans, seasonal strategies, positioning and activation plans across Brand House and Factory House stores.
What Will You Do?
- Support the development and execution of seasonal integrated marketing plans for Brand House and Factory House channels, that connects to regional category and global strategies, ultimately, to deliver revenue goals and channel KPIs
- Work closely with channel merchandising to drive seasonal go-to-market strategies that aim to deliver clear directives for commercial storytelling and prioritization to functional counterparts (specifically, In-Store Experience team)
- Partner with North America category marketing teams and global channel teams to consult on seasonal briefs, ensuring D-t0-C retail POV is reflected and channel needs are accounted for
- Support strategic brief development for regional or channel-lead initiatives, with clear channel inputs
- Work closely with merchandising, visual merchandising, and In-store Experience team to ensure seasonal strategies are executed
- Drive seasonal hindsighting in close partnership with functional teams, to deliver clear insights for future planning
- Work closely with Lead, E-commerce Marketing Strategy to ensure seasonal plans and strategic briefs are integrated and holistic across ALL D-to-C channels
- Drive in-season optimization needs to ensure channel is delivering on positioning and KPIs, which include but are not limited to: quarterly floorset planning, weekly business needs, promotional strategies, cultural/sport moment activations in channel
- Support development & drive in-season management of DTC Retail budget, ensuring cross-functional teams are driving to clear & accurate budget targets
- Lead D-to-C Retail Pod (cross-functional leads in channel) with established operating routines in order to ensure the team is highly organized and informed on weekly business trends and channel priorities
- Work closely with Sr. Specialist, D-to-C Marketing Operations to evaluate and prioritize channel work streams (specifically, creative and production jobs), and elevate risks/opportunities to leadership when necessary
- Deliver relevant insights and performance to key stakeholders to calibrate progress to goals and in season optimization. Accountable to the overarching retail performance and will effectively leverage channel marketing teams to optimize results within defined KPIs and Budget.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team building and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions
- Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment. Understands how to drive a business, both physical and e-commerce retail.
- High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our brand.