The Digital Analyst supports the analytic need of the overall business by analyzing digital traffic and online behavior using web analytics and other business intelligence tools. This role isn’t just about crunching numbers – it is the use of web analytics and other business intelligence tools to create actionable insights to inform major business decisions across all functions.
The Digital Analyst creates holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentations to senior management team. Acts as a consultative service function in a highly visible role to the entire company, including eCommerce, Merchants/Buyers, Planners, Brand Marketing, Finance, IT, and the CEO. Collaborates with external partners such as Agencies and internal stakeholders to assist with data collection, reporting and making business decisions. Leads driving core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute multivariate or a/b tests that drive fundamental improvements in site experience and advertising. Exhibit a high level of expertise in driving the data strategy across multiple sources of customer input such as website, survey, CRM and other forms of market research.
The Digital Analyst will also play a key role in developing and executing the website personalization, testing, and promotion strategies for our brands, generating and soliciting testing ideas within the company and establishing well thought out KPIs and goals for each project. The position will also be involved in coordinating and analyzing marketing promotions on each site and establishing strategies to personalize offers based on customer behavior. The candidate must possess exceptional data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Act as an internal strategic and consultative resource to key functions of the company, providing actionable insights to inform key decisions; provide a ‘first look’ into customer preferences and behavior in a rapidly growing digital environment.
- Produce and distribute regular reporting on key performance indicators of business on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis inclusive of both qualitative and quantitative feedback and recommendations.
- Manage A/B testing and landing page optimization efforts by collaborating with internal team members to identify KPIs, develop project requirements, and manage assets needed to execute and launch tests
- Perform ad-hoc information-gathering and basic analysis to support business decisions. Functional areas served include Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, Web Merchandising, Inventory and Promotion Planning, DC Operations, Customer Service, Finance/Accounting.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of merchandising, category, site search, and navigation usage across the sites
- Monitor key metrics to help identify issues, trends and opportunities.
- Assist in planning and forecasting of KPI’s including daily, weekly, monthly and annual order volume, traffic, conversion rates, average order values and associated demand and shipped sales.
- Data consolidation and validation.
- Coordinate tags, tracking parameters and associated implementations.
- Partner with cross functional team of merchandisers and marketers to lead creation and completion of Multivariate and A/B testing documents from hypothesis creation to influencing creative to identifying success metrics and post-test analysis
- Documentation relation to existing processes and suggestions for improving those processes as they pertain to web analytics.
- Effective and persuasive presentations both verbal and written to project teams and business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or Math.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills, unmatched attention to detail.
- Uncanny ability to interpret data, extract trends, and create recommended action plans from data analysis.
- Comfortable providing strategic, data-driven insights/presentations; experience in a matrixed, multi-channel retail environment a strong plus.
- Collaborative, client-service style approach.
- 5+ years experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics, A/B and testing tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics tagging best practices
- Expert at building robust Dashboards powered by multiple data sources.
- Expert with SQL and integrating data sources, Attribution Modeling concepts, strategies and tools.
- Experience with with Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing and Re-Marketing Campaign Tactics.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with project management
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influences changes to website and digital marketing.
- Expert with Microsoft Excel.