Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Marketing Strategy - 25 percent
- Own the development of the Marketing Strategy for the Carters brand across all marketing channels.
- Responsible for Carters and CRI enterprise brand positioning and annual brand messaging strategy, ensuring brand plans are executed both internally and externally.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders, including consumer insights, wholesale marketing, retail, merchandising and channel partners to establish the short and long term brand strategies and programs to drive business growth.
- Drive enterprise-wide campaign planning process, managing strategy, budget and execution for all Carters brand marketing initiatives, including the development and tracking of all KPIs.
- Identify and execute against opportunities that will profitably grow the business /generate incremental revenue while enhancing brand positioning.
- Proactively uncover opportunities to acquire and retain new consumers through brand activations/events, partnerships and real-time marketing opportunities that drive earned media and lift core brand perception metrics
- Serve as the Carters brand and customer evangelist through the entire CRI organization.
- In partnership with marketing channel leaders, develop channel strategies for Carters that will deliver on sales and revenue targets for the brand.
Drive Go To Market Strategies - 35 percent
- Develop and own all Marketing focused Carters product and brand stories.
- Develop seasonal and annual brand marketing calendars that support business plans and priorities.
- Develop actionable marketing plans that address key business objectives across size segments (e.g. toddler, Carters Kid)
- Ensure global consistency in execution of marketing initiatives across all consumer touchpoints and across the end to end customer lifecycle, partnering with creative teams, wholesale marketing and agencies to ensure work aligns with briefs, strategies and business objectives.
- Oversee brief-writing process and lead interagency and cross-functional development of all marketing campaigns, leading programs from strategy/concept development through to execution and reporting.
- Manage external agency relationships and RFP processes, as needed.
- Set and manage budgets for all touchpoints.
Growth Brands/Innovation Program Strategy & Prioritization - 25 percent
- Drive marketing plans and oversee growth marketing program execution to capture incremental marketshare and accelerate enterprise-wide growth initiatives.
- Drive the development of the marketing plan and ongoing strategy for Little Planet by Carters.
- In partnership with merchandising and consumer insights teams, lead cross-functional teams to develop actionable testing plans for all product-led CRI growth programs - e.g. Tween Squad, Bold Basics, etc.
- Identify strategic partnership or growth opportunities that further extend Carters brand reach and capture incremental marketshare.
- Partner with enterprise business leaders to activate on all Planet and People initiatives come to life through distinctive, cohesive consumer campaigns.
Marketing Execution and Program Management - 15 percent
- Execute all planned programs with precision and excellence.
- Help manage creative development timelines and processes across teams.
- Ensure planning process is aligned with major milestone dates, partnering closely with Retail Activation to ensure product and business priorities translate precisely and accurately across marketing teams.
- Oversee Carters Brand Marketing budgets and agency roster.
- Strong background in brand marketing, with extensive experience developing and executing omni-channel campaigns and brand activations.
- Thorough understanding of brand planning processes, including leveraging consumer insights/segmentation to drive annual and seasonal strategies.
- Able to manage via influence, not direct span of control.
- Financial understanding of marketing ROI, brand health and impact on the business.
- Ability to hire, train and retain high quality talent.
- An ability to foster an environment where people seamlessly work cross-functionally to deliver outstanding results.
- Decisive individual who displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills. Not afraid to take calculated risks and offer points of view.
- Must be able to freely move between strategic activities to day to day tactical execution tasks without pausing.
- Experience managing creative agencies and partnering with internal creative teams.
- Proven experience as a strong leader with a passion for building a team.
- Team Player, with a track record of eliminating barriers en route to achieving goals by way of influence and relationship building.
- Strong understanding of all marketing channels, including PR, social and digital media.
- Keen awareness of cultural trends, with ability to activate on cultural/real-time insights with breakthrough campaigns.
- 12+ years marketing experience with multi-channel retailer, QSR or DTC brand, with at least 5 years in brand marketing.
- Demonstrated success in driving increased comp store traffic/sales in a retail environment
- Demonstrated success in building brands, from brand positioning through to the development of brand projection/communication elements
- Experience across a range of marketing channels, including above-the-line and digital/social
- Experience managing a high frequency, multi-channel planning process and calendar
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation - constantly evaluating changes in the marketplace and how they impact/influence marketing strategies