The Director, CRM and Direct to Customer Communications plays a vital role in Kate Spade’s customer centricity efforts. The purpose of this role is to identify customer based opportunities and associated contact strategies. This role requires an understanding of both the art of marketing and the science of personalization. They will balance business as usual (BAU) and personalized efforts, managing health of file and customer retention goals.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing personalization at scale, helping Kate Spade to connect the right message with the right customer, turning our first party data into a competitive advantage, fueling customer centricity. The ideal candidate possess a balance of marketing and analytic skills, able to derive insights from customer data and develop corresponding customer strategies and tactics. They will be organized and process driven, able to distill the complexity of multiple channels of business, categories and millions of customers into a cohesive strategy.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in digital marketing to...
- Develop the customer strategy and corresponding tactical plan across various touchpoints including e-mail, SMS, direct mail and clienteling
- Identify points of personalization within the customer journey, both online and offline
- Maximize the performance of our e-mail channel with sound audience, timing, frequency and messaging decisions
- Work with Buying, Creative and other cross functional partners to build the marketing calendar and engage our customer with relevant offers and communications
- Establish audience based learning agenda
- Manage relationships with key vendors and service providers related to CRM, e-Mail and Direct Mail
- Partner with Tapestry digital teams, leveraging marketing technology and capabilities to drive program results
- Oversee e-mail briefing process, ensuring clear actionable guidance is provided to creative team and that customer insights & mindset are embedded into each brief
- Lead, mentor and develop team members
the accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field required
- 8-12 years related marketing experience across multiple brands, 2-5 years of leadership experience
- Experience with a customer data platform (CDP) strongly preferred
- Experience in e-mail marketing/loyalty/CRM required. Experience in creating and leveraging segmentation at scale required
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud 2.0 preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual (Power point, excel, etc.) the ability to simplify complex concepts into succinct presentations, reports and recaps
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Process mapping and/or process engineering experience a plus
- Natural curiosity and passion for the power of customer insights
- Proven ability to lead and manage a successful team
- Ability to manage multiple company priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up