Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300-plus stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The marketing department has an opening for a director, CRM and retention marketing. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The e-commerce accelerator team at Albertsons Companies plays a vital role in customer acquisition and retention for online grocery delivery and pickup business across all our banners. We're looking for a director of customer relationship marketing and retention who is very analytical, data driven, and hyperfocused on driving growth through creative retention strategies that maximize customer lifetime value. This key growth leader will have ownership over paid and owned targeted marketing channels (email, direct mail, SMS, push, homepage, etc.), with focus on converting newly engaged customers to loyal customers and retaining existing customers and building their brand loyalty and ambassadorship. Primary responsibilities will involve utilizing customer loyalty data in combination with the latest MarTech tools to identify high-value prospects and existing customers, and leverage direct/targeted marketing and promotional strategies to develop hyperpersonalized, high-touch relationships with customers, continually providing them with relevant content, experiences, products and offers. The director will partner with internal teams (marketing, merchandising, operations, IT, UX, product management) to continually understand the end-to-end customer journey, customer pain points, and customer feedback to help improve product, services, and marketing communications and offers.
Key Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited to:
- Lead the vision, strategy, and results for our targeted marketing program, encompassing the marketing, promotional, and lifecycle email, text, and push programs supporting omnichannel customer growth and retention.
- Lead strategy, automation and personalization of email, text, push, direct mail and all other addressable marketing channels.
- Leverage industry-leading MarTech and AdTech stacks to develop omnichannel CRM initiatives that combine big data with real-time contextual information for personalized marketing and offers.
- Establish and deliver on key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives for program's growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to meet revenue and performance targets.
- Partner with leaders of performance marketing, analytics, loyalty, and product management to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured and activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base.
- Partner with brand marketing and creative teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our goals and drive return on investment.
- Evaluate vendor partners to support technology and analytics needs.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy alongside the team to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our customer segments and their life cycle and behaviors through the email channel, ultimately increasing efficiency and revenue and unlocking new insights for deeper segmentation.
- Develop personalized marketing solutions across all digital channels to drive profitable sales by influencing customer behavior to drive near-term incremental revenue while influencing longer-term behavior change.
- Regularly identify trends in targeted marketing and CRM strategies to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas around how we acquire, nurture and retain customers.
- Partner with internal teams and leaders across all divisions to drive profitable adoption of CRM techniques and opportunities.
- Define and deliver mobile product solutions to engage customers in new and innovative ways.
- Establish segmentation strategy and communication governance and policies across SMS, push, email, etc.
- Closely monitor campaign performance and react to deviations from plan quickly.
- Develop talent within the organization, recruit, develop and mentor a lean, agile, highly efficient performance marketing team.
- Deepen our relationships with key channel and advertising partners to ensure we have early access to the latest innovations.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record in marketing, economics, mathematics, or other similar quantitative fields. MBA preferred.
- Eight-plus years of experience across all facets of digital addressable marketing, especially email, text, and push, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability, and A/B multivariate testing, ideally for omnichannel retail, with primary focus on e-commerce growth.
- At least three-plus years' experience leading a CRM or email marketing function for a high-growth company.
- Hands-on experience with managing direct reports and partners.
- Demonstrated impact on the growth of an email program and its impact to the business due to a combination of your team building and mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you've contributed or otherwise helped foster.
- Deep experience building a program with various ESPs, tech stacks, and other technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices and compliance (e.g., CCPA).
- Detailed understanding of digital advertising channels, both paid and owned.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Must love data and be proficient at driving cross-platform learnings and efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners.
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams.
- Analytically comfortable building a strategy and story using large data sets.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically.
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, including experience managing high-performing teams.
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- Hands on experience with robust MarTech and AdTech platforms, especially Adobe and Google stacks.
- Strong Excel and SQL skills, and command of test-and-learn practices a plus.
- Demonstrated people leadership capabilities, including mentorship, hiring and leading.
- Strong, established relationships with some of the major digital technology partners (Google, Adobe, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- Strong marketing analytics capabilities that allow you to dive into the data and into software platforms to get insights
- Track record of success driving significant results