MakeSpace, an on-demand storage provider, is looking for a director of customer acquisition to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. Reporting to the senior vice president of marketing, the director of customer acquisition will manage all strategic and tactical marketing functions, including acquisition and analytics. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how to leverage a wide array of digital and offline marketing channels to develop strategic campaigns to acquire new customers.
- Launch, manage and optimize campaigns across offline and online channels, not limited to: paid search, display, social media, radio/podcast, TV/video, out of home, and direct mail.
- Closely monitor, measure and report on channel performance and market growth by region, including leads, conversions, cost per lead, customer acquisition cost, lifetime value.
- Manage agency and partner performance and relationships, negotiate contracts, and approve invoices.
- Evaluate and prioritize initiatives leading to the greatest return on investment for the company.
- Develop and execute marketing tests, document and share learnings.
- Develop attribution models to optimize CAC and generate effective strategies and campaigns.
- Work with the Brand team to manage the development of necessary ad copy and creative.
- Liaise with Finance to develop budgeting for marketing spend across all channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Six years to eight years of relevant experience
- History of generating results via data-driven acquisition strategies
- Extremely detail-oriented, data-focused, advanced Excel skills, and database analysis
- Strong understanding of major U.S. markets and media landscape
- Excellent project management, communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Hustle is essential; you move quickly and execute to allow for continual iteration
- You have experience with all modern digital paid media channels, in addition to traditional direct response (offline) channels. Experience driving app downloads is a plus.
- Proficiency with multiple analytics and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, RJMetrics, Google Analytics, Rockerbox)
- Prior experience with an online subscription, mobile gaming, or direct-to-consumer e-commerce company is a plus
- Prior experience in a quantitative analyst or management consulting role and/or agency experience is a plus
- Basic SQL and/or programming knowledge is a plus
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry — and have fun while doing it.