The Director, Customer Development and Insights will drive all customer development and consumers insights. This individual will be a strategic partner in helping Kate Spade leverage consumer insights and data-driven analysis to drive performance. This person will oversee and influence the global Kate Spade customer feedback platform and programs to measure customer experience KPIs/progress, empower employees to drive customer engagement and loyalty, support customer-centric business strategies, and drive actionable insights to continually improve the Omni-channel customer. In partnership with Marketing, Digital, Retail Training, Operations, Buying, IT and stores, the Director will develop and execute an Omni-channel customer development strategy to increase retention and drive incremental business. This person will focus on connecting stores, online and social platforms to drive actionable insights and strategies to influence consumer shopping behavior. This person will seek solutions and drivers with in-store, digital and mobile actions to achieve seamless customer experiences and increased customer loyalty.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in data analytics to...
- Accountable for driving the roadmap on feature/function on the strategic roadmap and pushing the agenda for Kate Spade
- Proactively identify a consumer strategy that addresses the highest impact opportunities and complex challenges
- Champions a consumer first mindset, voice of the consumer
- Develop analyses to provide insights and fact-based points of view on key business and strategic priorities and initiatives
- Identify customer frictions and opportunities across channels; spark cross-functional action plans to solve issues and improve the Omni-channel customer experience and enabling capabilities
- Publish regular insights/reporting across the organization to measure and track progress against customer experience goals and to support key business initiatives and/or commercial periods; position the Customer Insights team as a key business partner across the organization
- Partner with the Retail Training and Operations teams to ensure strong training of store associates, effective follow up and closing the loop with detractors as well as delighted customers, and ongoing action plans to improve Net Promoter Scores
- Maximize use of the platform and/or access to customer feedback across channels (stores, digital, customer care) and functions and support the use of customer insights across the organization to meet and exceed customer needs and to continually improve the customer experience
- Partner across corporate and global business unit teams and with vendor to evolve surveys, launch new programs (e.g., non-purchaser survey), and enhance platform functionality and/or reporting capabilities to support evolving business priorities/needs
- Manage vendor relationship and platform budget
- Establish and maintain strong Tapestry Digital partnerships related to technology capabilities and needs
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in customer experience to...
- Drive enhancements to existing in-store digital platforms and roll out changes to the network in close partnership with IT and Retail Operations
- Program management for clienteling; this person will be an instrumental partner for teams in defining measurements and impact
- Develop and rollout with Digital and IT new digital tools to enable Omni services and associate engagement with their customers across channels, e.g. Web appointment bookings, Web Chat
- Partner with the training team on developing content to reinforce the in-store Omni and clienteling mindset as well as monthly toolkits to support key product launches and seasonal peaks
- Support North America Marketing and CRM key programs or campaigns through complementing and targeted in-store digital actions, e.g. New High Potential Program, Membership Loyalty Program
- Manage results against key customer experience KPIs (e.g., top and new high potential client retention and sales growth, clienteling sales penetration) and action on them as opportunities arise
- Help bridge technology and tactical strategies in stores and Omni
- Stay up-to-date on the latest related technology in the market and share best practices and suggestions for continuous improvements at Kate Spade/Tapestry
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of demonstrated Omni-channel customer and client development experience that drive the business objectives forward
- Ability to implement strategies, monitor progress and make necessary adjustments to achieve objectives
- Excellent analytical skills
- High degree of proficiency in PC applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Medallia platform, Tableau and SQL strongly desired; demonstrated ability to know which strategies to pursue
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and presentation skills