Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The e-commerce Department has an opening for a Director, Customer Support Operations (Off-shore). This position is located in Pleasanton, California and will require travel within and outside US as needed to meet business needs.
Albertsons seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting, and friendly e-commerce shopping experience, through the invention of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers.
The Director of Customer Support Operations (Offshore) will be responsible to build an outsourced / offshore model that provides necessary redundancy and flexibility to adjust the agent mix (Onshore/offshore) to meet the demand.
Your role will involve a mix of strategy and operations with a strong ability to collaborate with other team members. You will have a background in identifying and setting up world-class customer support centers especially in offshore locations to support business that has experienced massive month-over-month growth. You can apply your experience and industry know-how to identify, set up customer support center and manage the vendors and service providers to deliver quality experience while remaining within the planned budget.
The grocery industry is underdeveloped in e-commerce, and this person will contribute in influencing the future of grocery e-commerce and establish Albertsons as an industry leader. There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to talk to you!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the current customer contact volume, channels, and issues to define the go-forward strategy for the off-shore contact center and flexible staffing model to balance the onshore/offshore agent mix.
- Set up the offshore customer support center from scratch. Select the off-shore location & service providers, craft hiring & operating policies, manage necessary vendors & agreements to execute this strategy
- Work closely with the onshore CS Operations team, product, analytics, engineering, and finance leaders to ensure that necessary support in these respective areas is being provided to successfully management the offshore team and contact center
- Work with the centralized QA/training teams to create and execute necessary training programs to train the agents and manage the quality
- Own and manage the offshore operations financial budget
- You are a talented business and operations leader with experience in a demanding operating environment
- Proven successful experience in working in an agile environment
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in leading customer support centers including offshore locations
- Three to five years' experience working for a large, eCommerce player in customer support and experience space
- Strong leadership experience
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Exceptional at prioritizing and focusing on the highest value opportunities.
- Ability to stay goal oriented and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level.
- Exceptional networking, relationship building and influencing skills.
- MBA a plus, but strongly preferred
- Ability to travel within and outside US as needed