This leadership role is responsible for building and executing the first wholly owned and operated direct to consumer business for Stanley Black and Decker. This individual will operationalize Black+Decker NA (North America). He or she will manage our NA DTC Web Properties and Operations, ensuring strategic and tactical execution, leading e-commerce managers and aligning with country business and brand priorities. The leader is accountable for site experience, technology, back end operations & customer service. They will partner with the in-house SBD Global Experience team to secure site content, preserve brand equity and leverage data capability.
Develop and Deliver Business Strategy;
- Develop a successful and sustainable strategic business plan for DTC across North America markets that drives sustainable e-commerce acceleration – in close collaboration with country GM’s and other functions to overdeliver plans
- Develop, implement, deliver and measure the results of the individual strategies that drive brand growth and profit commitments. For this he/ she will have to implement and drive a KPI framework through measurement rhythms to drive action plans with all stakeholders for maximum business impact
- Develop and deliver the financial commitments made in the annual Operating Plan maximizing ROAS and ensuring long term profitability of channel
- Partner with functional leads to ensure shared goals, objectives and initiatives are realized
- Define value proposition including merchandising assortment, new product development/innovation pipeline, pricing, promotions, product page content and site taxonomy to impact, Sales, Margin, Conversion and ADS.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Global Customer Experience (GCX), Finance and Business Operation to develop and implement ways of working Continuous Improvement.
- Direct the establishment of optimal operations standards for Value Stream (Production Line), customer experience, care and service for the D2C operations, direct marketing.
- Planning, financial modelling, customer database management and segmentation, and website operations and merchandising.
- Develop product roadmap for e-commerce feature & functionality needs, managing priority based on KPI impact and consumer needs.
- Partner with technology team to rapidly implement roadmap, site experience & tech stack to enable end to end consumer experience.
- Oversee the management of performance marketing to include all traffic channels Search, Display, Affiliate, Social, email, Google Shopping and traditional media. Coordinate with cluster digital resources for campaign orchestration between performance and brand and to leverage influencers and content snacking.
- Provide support and strategy for Brand Campaigns and Product Launches.
- Activate the right business drivers (e.g. unique visitors, conversion, AOV, Bounce Rate)
Manage Business Resources and Priorities;
- Align business resources to strategic priorities and manage change
- Sponsor significant programs and projects that impact D2C to drive transformation, innovation and brand recognition
- Develop organization structure and capabilities as business matures while working with other areas to upskill local resources
- Create sequences for website animation plans aligned with other country commercial initiatives
- Actively engage with Operations, Customer Service and Customer Experience team.
- Identify and develop external business partners that will provide incremental demand
- Oversee the long term, strategic partnerships with external agencies and licensing
- Recruit, lead, engage and develop a multifunctional team to maximize performance
- 10+ years of experience in Omnichannel Retail on their e-commerce operation and/or D-to-C e-commerce experience. Preferably having implemented and run DTC shops in more than one market for business that sell to other retailers.
- 7+ years of experience in cross-functional, regional leadership teams.
- True business partnering and engagement qualities to counterparts in other key geographies.
- A demonstrable data driven general management mind-set with strong budget management and intuitive commercial acumen.
- The ability to lead through others in a collaborative and matrix driven structure.
- Demonstrated success implementing, monitoring, measuring and recommending turnaround or accelerated growth, as well as profitability initiatives.
- Understanding of the complex marketing agencies and 3rd party collaboration for sprint capacity.
- Experience building, developing capabilities, engaging and maximizing performance of multifunctional teams.