GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Tire Discounters is looking for a Director of Digital Marketing and Earned Media to join their team. This individual will be responsible for building an integrated paid-earned-owned framework for Tire Discounters across the most relevant and impactful channels. This work includes raising the bar on current paid and owned programming, while also establishing the company’s strategy to maximize earned media opportunities. This role will lead the continuation and enhancement of all paid digital marketing strategies and campaigns, through a deep understanding of digitally driven insights and overall knowledge of the digital marketing landscape. In concert, this role will also lead the build out of how public relations (PR) and all other relevant earned media opportunities across content, partnerships, influencer, and SEO may play a role across the broader digital plan and strengthen the total marketing mix for Tire Discounters.
This role will lead the overall digital marketing and earned media budget, delivering sound, data driven plans that meet overall awareness, conversion, and engagement KPI’s. Regular campaign performance reporting and recommendations to optimize throughout the year are expected.
- Paid channel strategy and execution. Organize our digital efforts across SMS, email, search, locationals and all other relevant digital channels to architect a paid channel plan across the calendar year that delivers against KPI’s. Identify emerging channels for test and learn opportunities to continually refine our paid digital channel approach, effectiveness, and ROI.
- Paid and organic (earned) social media strategy and execution, and associated content strategy. Work across the social media landscape to develop the required paid marketing approach to drive the Tire Discounters equity and promotional messaging across the year. Lead the development of Tire Discounters organic (earned) media and content strategy, delivering a welcomed drumbeat of messaging and engagement from the Tire Discounters brand. This will include management of an external social media agency along with the build out of a strategic content strategy for the team and it’s fit within the broader earned media framework.
- Customer life cycle and path to purchase management. As Tire Discounters strengthens our overall CDP build-out and customer life cycle management, this role will lead the strategy and execution for how our digital life cycle tools (e.g., Salesforce) will be leveraged to meet the customer at the right moments, with the right value proposition and offer.
- Loyalty program development. As part of the life cycle strategy, oversee the development of TD’s inaugural loyalty and continual engagement program.
- PR leadership. Support of Tire Discounters growth plan, delivering a drum beat of relevant news and buzz to the marketplace and acting opportunistically to take advantage of trends and happenings across our markets and industry. This work includes management of our external PR agency and all accountabilities.
- Analytics and measurement. Define a digital program and strategy that is well anchored against defined KPI’s and rooted in digital insight from market research. Analyze program results, report, and recommend areas of optimization. Work with agency partners and internal stakeholders to analyze and validate areas that justify investment and other digital areas that may need to be deprioritized. Act with speed to find what’s working well and shift focus where needed.
- Communication Strategy, application to digital. Translate the Tire Discounters defined communication priorities across the year and bring these ideas to life appropriately across each digital channel, striving for both consistency and relevancy, given the audience and channel. This includes a balance of equity messaging and promotional news.
- Team management. Establishes a clear set of deliverables with the team, monitoring effectiveness and progress month to month. Creates a compelling vision for the team, nurturing the TD culture and driving employee satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strategic thinking and invention. Ability to think forward to effectively architect Tire Discounters next level paid-earned-owned model, with particular emphasis on where and how the earned media framework fits within the TD mix.
- Bias for action. Ability to sense and respond quickly, solving problems to optimize the digital program on a real time basis.
- Accountability. Assumes responsibility for accomplishing work objectives and delivering results, setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Intellectual Curiosity/Inventive: Seeks new ways to exceed customer expectations and continually self-educates on trends and opportunities to raise the bar on our digital execution.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communicator; collaborates well with external agencies and internal stakeholders to establish a vision, objectives and lead all parties to achieve.
- Organizational skills: Ability to set timelines and milestones, enrolling management and stakeholders on progress and wins along the way.
- Strong business maturity, professionalism, interpersonal, management leadership, analytical, and relationship building skills.
- ROI mentality: ability to validate ROI of digital channels for each campaign, developing robust analytics and test measurement strategies.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, digital media or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Min 10+ years’ experience.
- Experience working across a paid-earned-owned marketing model.
- Experience leading PR initiatives for brands and businesses.
- Experience managing SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email, and social channels, paid media, and other marketing automation tools.
- Hands-on experience with a diverse array of earned-owned-paid digital marketing channels and tools ((e.g., social media multi-channel experience (Facebook, Instagram via FB Business Manager, Tik Tok, Snapchat), Paid Search & Shopping (Google via Google Ads), Email Marketing (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, or similar), Landing Page Creation (Unbounce or similar), SMS execution, etc.))
- Experience with analytic and performance tools (i.e. Google Analytics, AEM, Datorama, etc.)
- Experience with CDP / database oversight and execution through SMS, email or other.
- Experience leading external agency partners.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Experience with website administration and development preferred.
- People leaders experience, preferred
- Operates in both an office setting, and within our retail operations.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- Walking, standing, sitting, listening, and talking on a wide variety and continual basis.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle and/or feel; lift/carry up to 25 pounds, and reach with hands and arms.