Anthropologie is seeking an experienced leader to oversee digital marketing and ecommerce strategies to drive business and brand growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Direct and leading a team of 10, this individual will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing key marketing initiatives to scale our direct to consumer (D-to-C) strategy against revenue, new customer and ROAS targets. You have a clear understanding how paid media, content, and lifecycle marketing fit into an overall full-funnel experience to drive conversion. To be effective in the role, you will need to be willing to be hands-on in execution but also have the ability to scale out and build the strategy. This role requires a natural collaborator who partners across brand/creative, merchandising and analytics teams to ensure cross-functional alignment.
The Director, Digital Marketing will oversee the Digital Marketing strategy and execution across all paid marketing and CRM channels for Anthropologie. Working within a dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative group, this person will be driven by ROI, to deliver traffic, revenue, and new customers to the brand. Working closely with external agencies and cross functional team members, s/he will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of digital marketing channels, inclusive of Paid Search, Paid Social, Email, Affiliate, SEO and Retargeting programs.
- Develop DTC marketing strategies for key product divisions and effectively communicate strategy and business impact to GM and other business leads for buy-in. Represent Digital Marketing priorities to Anthropologie leadership, clearly showing how marketing priorities align to business priorities and strategically drive our goals forward
- Lead the acquisition marketing team and external agencies to test and scale above and below the line channels quickly and efficiently to build the brand and drive new customer growth
- Oversee retention marketing team, leveraging email, SMS and push channels to increase LTV through loyalty, repeat purchase and churn prevention programs
Oversee multiple external Agency relationships for digital channels; build partnerships, monitor performance and seek improvement opportunities to advance Anthropologies media, audience targeting capabilities and marketing strategies
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Creative and Merchandising teams to develop integrated marketing plans that achieve key business goals
- Support management of e-commerce businesses, owning metrics and KPIs for the full conversion funnel with ability to diagnose performance fluctuations
- Work with analytics team to design best in class measurement approach with data science/analytics, developing internal models and onboarding external partners as needed to optimize spend and creative across channels
- Manage a team of talented people, fostering career development opportunities and skills growth
- Embody fail fast mentality by developing tests and iterating on learnings across platforms, creative formats, messaging and audiences