Anthropologie is seeking an experienced leader to oversee digital marketing and e-commerce strategies to drive business and brand growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Direct and leading a team of 10, this individual will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing key marketing initiatives to scale our direct to consumer (DTC) strategy against revenue, new customer and ROAS targets. You have a clear understanding how paid media, content, and lifecycle marketing fit into an overall full-funnel experience to drive conversion. To be effective in the role, you will need to be willing to be hands-on in execution but also have the ability to scale out and build the strategy. This role requires a natural collaborator who partners across brand/creative, merchandising and analytics teams to ensure cross-functional alignment.
The Director, Digital Marketing will oversee the Digital Marketing strategy and execution across all paid marketing and CRM channels for Anthropologie. Working within a dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative group, this person will be driven by ROI, to deliver traffic, revenue, and new customers to the brand. Working closely with external agencies and cross functional team members, s/he will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of digital marketing channels, inclusive of Paid Search, Paid Social, Email, Affiliate, SEO and Retargeting programs.
- Develop D-to-C marketing strategies for key product divisions and effectively communicate strategy and business impact to GM and other business leads for buy-in. Represent Digital Marketing priorities to Anthropologie leadership, clearly showing how marketing priorities align to business priorities and strategically drive our goals forward
- Lead the acquisition marketing team and external agencies to test and scale above and below the line channels quickly and efficiently to build the brand and drive new customer growth
- Oversee retention marketing team, leveraging email, SMS and push channels to increase LTV through loyalty, repeat purchase and churn prevention programs
- Oversee multiple external Agency relationships for digital channels; build partnerships, monitor performance and seek improvement opportunities to advance Anthropologies media, audience targeting capabilities and marketing strategies
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Creative and Merchandising teams to develop integrated marketing plans that achieve key business goals
- Support management of e-commerce businesses, owning metrics and KPIs for the full conversion funnel with ability to diagnose performance fluctuations
- Work with analytics team to design best in class measurement approach with data science/analytics, developing internal models and onboarding external partners as needed to optimize spend and creative across channels
- Manage a team of talented people, fostering career development opportunities and skills growth
- Embody fail fast mentality by developing tests and iterating on learnings across platforms, creative formats, messaging and audiences
- 9+ years of digital marketing and e-commerce experience, with demonstrated background in channel-management and a track record of driving business and brand growth
- 4-5 years’ experience directly managing marketing teams and agencies
- Familiarity working with and/or experience in quickly learning marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe, etc.
- Proven track record of successful campaign launches and executions
- Budget-management experience, setting targets, creating forecasts and scenario-modeling
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from external vendors to senior leadership
- Advanced experience with standard reporting and analytics tools such as GA360, etc.
- A ‘customer-centric’ mentality and experience driving audience-based and lifecycle initiatives
- Strong familiarity with retail and e-commerce business models and P&Ls
- Passion for digital, staying on top of the changing ecosystem including advertising formats, channels and technologies
- An innate curiosity and ability to breakdown complex analyses into concise, straightforward recommendations and marketing initiatives
- A collaborative, ‘team-first’ attitude and a leadership style that prioritizes career and personal development
- Growth mindset, with the ability to mobilize a team to maximize brand growth and market share
- Positive, can-do, problem solving attitude, purposeful, but ability to have fun, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred) in marketing, business, analytics, or a related field