In our continuous efforts to build a best-in-class Marketing organization, we are looking to hire a Director – CRM Operations. Reporting to the Senior Director, CRM & Lifecycle Management and working closely across Marketing, Product and Engineering, you will be responsible for the operational excellence for all emails, SMS, push and in-app messaging that we send to millions of our customers.
- Be the thought leader with a vision to build a world class CRM operations function at a large scale
- Drive a multi-quarter strategic roadmap that continually improves the quality, efficiency and capabilities of Walmart’s customer communications platform
- Regularly communicate to executives and senior leaders on all KPIs associated with platform improvements, database health and operational excellence
- Coach and mentor a team of highly effective deployment and QA specialists managing all large scale automated and ad-hoc customer communications
- Act as the primary CRM technology consultant throughout the company on platforms, capabilities and campaigns that impact the end customer experience
- Partner with Product to outline optimal systems architecture and systems integration to better target and deliver communications
- Identify and onboard third party tools to enhance our marketing tech stack
- Empower and enable marketing teams to achieve business goals through communication
- Partner with key stakeholders within internal platform Engineering teams and drive the evolution and enhancements of Walmart’s communications tools
- Document learnings from experiments and live campaigns to build a CRM Best Practices Playbook that can be used as a reference by every part of the business
- BS or technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in the marketing technology space
- Previous people management / team lead experience required
- Strong technical background and conceptual or working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL, scripting languages, etc.
- A track-record of defining successful roadmaps involving marketing operations, systems integration and customer communication
- Hands on experience with CRM technology including ESPs, segmentation tools, and complex data structures and systems
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to detail with swift execution
- Goal oriented with the ability to move quickly and easily between high level strategy and rolling-up-sleeves for execution
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field and 6 years’ experience in marketing or related field OR 8 years’ experience in marketing or related field. 3 years' supervisory experience.