The Social Media marketing team is responsible for our national, social media brand presence (e.g., our @walmart handles). Our team’s mission is to help build and strengthen the Walmart brand through both compelling storytelling and authentic social interactions. Through our work, our team connects with consumers on an unprecedented scale. We’re looking for creative, forward thinking, and data-driven social media marketers to help shape social content and engagement for the world’s largest retailer at this pivotal moment in our company history.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Social Media Care and Community to join our team. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for executing with excellence our multi-year strategy to become legendary for social media brand response on social.
- Each day, will work with the team and our creative agency partners to vet and engage celebrity and influencer engagements and amplify positive conversations about our brand on social.
- Will also work with our team and our call center-facility partners to ensure excellence in customer care, ensuring we quickly respond and resolve customer issues on social as seamlessly as possible.
- The Director will work strategically to reduce friction in customer care experiences on social through technology and processes development.
- This position also leverages our social media listening tools and agency support teams to early predict and mitigate potential repetitional issues, in partnership with other teams throughout the organization, as they arise.
- A successful candidate will bring expertise and social media governance solutions ideas forward to increase brand safety.
- 7-10 years in social media customer care, social crisis management, reputation management.
- Large brand or comparable experience in handling large volumes (5MM +/annual volumes) of incoming social media mentions across brand reputation, customer care, and engagement.
- 7-10 years experience with social media listening and community management technologies and processes and proven results in driving efficiencies that result in faster and better quality social media engagements. Needs to understand workforce planning/ process optimizations
- 5 years leading both teams and agency partners in development and execution of social community management strategies. Experience leading customer care teams, call or contact center agent groups.
- Experience establishing best in class social media processes, systems and governance protocols.
- The ability to lead creative brand engagement strategies and a passionate for innovation. Ability to effectively manage vendors and agency teams.
- Demonstrated excellent social media judgement (e.g., knowing what to tweet and when to tweet it).
- A strong sense of technology is critical to success.
- Must have an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first.
- Ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of measurement and analytics.
But on the Fun Side… We think you might be the ideal candidate if:
- You understand the cultural impact when a new BTS album drops and can come up with an action plan if their album accidentally released early.
- You will be tasked with protecting the brand. You are someone well-equipped to moderate for things beyond natural disasters—You would know how to assess the situation if a UFO landed in our parking lot.
- You care about what Salma Hayek wore to the Oscars and why that would impact Walmart as a brand.
- You love GIFs and emojis so much that you can hold a conversation without using words.
- Most importantly, you are a team player. You can lead a team but also know how to learn from your team as well.