The Site Marketing team delivers the customer shopping experience for Gear and Apparel on rei.com. They are story-tellers and data analyzers – always looking for the best way to connect our Gear and Apparel merchandise and expertise with our customers and members. They bring the REI brand to life digitally, and they look for new ways to personalize and optimize the experience so that it is relevant and engaging.
The Director, Digital Merchandising will lead the strategy and operations of our $1B+ Gear and Apparel digital business. This leader will also drive a digital merchandising transformation identifying, implementing and ensuring adoption of best in class digital content and merchandising tools that will enable the team to better operationalize our digital journeys for our REI members and customers. This leader will drive digital demand and increased conversion. They will collaborate closely with the Corporate Merchandising, Marketing, Customer Experience and Product Management teams.
The Director, Digital Merchandising will work across the company to build broad understanding and support for digital merchandising strategies, best practices and priorities, and the impact they will have on the company. They will lead the Digital Merchandising and Content Strategy and Production teams.
At REI Co-op, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived...for all. To deliver on that promise, we are working with our 15,000 employees, 19M members and the broader outdoor community toward a reality where everyone has the opportunity to be themselves, to access opportunities and find their place in the outdoors. For us, that means:
- Investing in work that removes the barriers people and communities face to getting outside.
- Delivering relevant products, experiences, and expertise to equip and inspire a new generation of outdoor stewards.
- Cultivating a workforce that reflects the demographics of the markets we serve.
- Leading the industry’s efforts to welcome people and communities historically underrepresented into outdoor media and culture.
The successful candidate will do this by:
- Leading the development of the digital merchandising strategic plans to deliver successful financial results.
- Partnering cross-divisionally with Creative, Marketing, and Corporate Merchandising teams to lead the seasonal digital merchandise and content plans for categories, activities, programs and promotional events to drive financial results and align with enterprise.
- Establishing measurable KPI’s for Site Engagement as well as actionable daily, weekly, and monthly reporting within Digital and across REI.
- Overseeing the development of seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform Go-To-Market processes (GTM).
- Developing and managing the merchandise productivity plan (e.g., Assortment Plans, Margin Plans, and Turn Goals) and manage inventory to ensure maximum return on investment in partnership with Merchandise Planning.
- Leading the team in execution of Digital Merchandising business plans and monitoring progress against plan to ensure effective prioritization.
- Ensuring teams are actively applying customer, product and site analytics and utilizing a/b testing to develop of strategic and tactical direction.
- In partnership with the Digital Product Management team, prioritizing the development of new site functionality, interfaces, and services.
- Establishing themselves as the thought leader in industry best practices, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business.
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with key individual stakeholders and partner teams throughout REI.
- Delivering annual team resource, expense, and performance plans in support of Digital Retail goals and objectives.
- Communicating progress, obstacles and solutions to partners and management for the successful delivery of corporate initiatives.