Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The e-commerce Department has an opening for a Director, eCommerce Merchandising and Operations. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Director of E-commerce Merchandising and Operations will manage the e-commerce merchandise event calendar and coordinate all activities and placements in the calendar. He or she will collaborate with multiple key cross functional stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure that all merchandise events are executed flawlessly.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage the e-commerce Merchandise Event Calendar
- Manage the details of the merchandise event calendar
- Solicit input from cross functional stakeholders to ensure that all desired placement from each group is considered for the calendar
- Create and lead a governance process to ensure that all stakeholders can submit requests for site placement
- Develop and utilize tools to support the calendar (e.g. master calendar, submission forms)
- Manage the event planning process to ensure that all timelines are met, and event and placement decisions are made and communicated in a timely manner.
- Publish the calendar to all stakeholders to ensure clear visibility to timelines and events
- Manage and de-conflict all placements on the site (e.g. banners, landing pages, etc.)
- Ensure all production timelines are being adhered to creative development and approval, submission to web production, etc.
Lead Content Coordination
- Responsible for all assets needed for publishing
- Manage process to ensure that all assets are received in a timely fashion, are in the correct format, and loaded to production
Lead the eCommerce Merchandise Operations Team
- Supervise Production team that publishes the shop sites and other corporate assets (corporate site, foundation, etc.)
- Ensure that all web assets are being published appropriately- e.g. on time, with appropriate QA, all events executed flawlessly, etc.
Cross Functional collaboration
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure that all desired site placements are represented. Such stakeholders include, but are not limited to, UX, Shopper Marketing, Digital Marketing, the Divisions, national merchandising teams, etc.
- Be a leader to advocate for the needs of merchandising to the product organization
- Communicate the calendar process and results to all stakeholders
- A bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing. MBA a plus.
- 10 to 15 years' experience within e-commerce and/ or grocery or CPG merchandising.
- Experience managing a portfolio of digital products, websites and mobile is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Mastery of key leadership principles including: customer obsessed, having a data driven mindset, deliver results with a bias for action and sense of urgency, operate successfully with ambiguity/agile mindset, strive for continuous self-improvement, create and simplify, and visionary strategic thinking, taking extreme ownership
- Ability to foster relationships, collaborate with others and work effectively in teams.
- Articulate and persuasive written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, problem solve, multi-task and deliver with good time management skills.
- Strong customer focus and orientation.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite and experienced MS Excel user.