Are you interested in driving and delivering the customer experience vision for one of the most disruptive and fastest growing brands in digital retail? Do you like to move quickly, test, learn and iterate in an organization with a start-up mentality? Do you want to grow a Digital Product Management team and practice from the ground up that will have the ability to drive significant value to the business on day one? Then read on!
WHO WE ARE:
We are the Purple e-commerce Team. We are a fast-growing group of customer experience, product management and digital business experts. Our mission is simple; drive measurable business value by delivering experiences that support our product and brand strategies as well as our customers motivations, behaviors and needs across their journeys.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a highly experienced and proven leader to join our e-commerce department as the head (Director) of our Product Management organization. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for defining and executing the digital product vision and road map. You have extensive expertise in bringing product management, user experience design, technology, analytics and e-commerce together to create customer experiences that drive business outcomes. You have a passion for developing, growing and maturing a Product Management operation across people, process, partnerships and tools from the ground up. You believe in an agile delivery methodology and shipping enhancements quickly and iteratively to drive incremental value, while preserving the broader customer experience vision over time. Most importantly, you know how to balance business needs, customer expectations, delivery timelines and technology constraints to deliver innovative experiences that ultimately lead to deep brand and product loyalty.
- Develop a product vision and road map based on customer and business needs, coupled with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that realize the larger vision over time and deliver measurable, near and long-term business value.
- Build and deliver a scalable Product Management practice including the people, process and tools required to support the organization now and into the future.
- Develop, implement and own a companywide digital product prioritization framework focused on identifying the highest value initiatives for the customer and the business that are balanced with technical constraints and speed to market
- Develop strong cross functional relationships with teams such as User Experience, Market Research, Product Development, Marketing, Brand, Analytics and Site Merchandising to deliver experience that support wholistic business needs and points of view.
- Proactively identify, define and deliver high value product enhancement opportunities that align with our key business strategies and objectives.
- Lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement, conversion, average order value and units per transaction.
- Build cross functional influence and support by including your key partners in product strategy creation and clearly communicating the value proposition and the reasons why to all levels of the organization
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design of new features and enhancements
- Conduct product strategy workshops with cross functional teams and executive leadership that enable the creation of a shared vision and alignment for customer experience and digital product strategies.
- Become the voice of our customer and business through a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and the business drivers that drive in the moment conversion and lifetime value
- Directly manage, coach and grow the Product Management team’s skill sets and capabilities including key partners such as UX designers and UX architects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in product management, business operations, or similar roles required.
- 6+ years executing product strategy workshops
- 6+ years management experience
- 6+ years working in an agile environment
- A strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate in a compelling manner, drive organizational excellence and influence teams that are directly or indirectly managed
- Expert level knowledge and experience analyzing businesses and customers to create product design strategies
- Expert level in creating product management prioritization processes
- Expert level understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different analysis methods and the right balance between qualitative and quantitative data to make low risk and fast paced decisions
- Deep experience with multiple-source data and trend analysis such as social, analytics, customer feedback, customer service, etc.
- Expert level ability to conduct cross-functional and executive leadership workshops
- Exceptional storytelling skills that enables you to turn various qualitative and quantitative data sources into a compelling and easily understood product strategies
- Understanding of the omni-channel retail industry as a result of work experience in similar settings
- Excellent oral and visual communication as well as analytical and creative thinking skills that can inspire and motivate team members and leadership alike to focus on recommended experience enhancement opportunities
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, personal initiative, and accountability while embracing a collaborative approach