Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that's admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60 billion company with 2,200-plus stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants, Albertsons Companies is one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Our private label on-trend "Own Brands" portfolio is one of the most diverse in-house and trusted brands in the country, consisting of more than 11,000 high-quality products achieving $11 billion in sales. Across the nation, we're moving the needle through innovation. It's in our blood.
We have a new position assisting the group vice president, division operations to create and implement the division operations transformation and implementation plan for the company.
The e-commerce department has an opening for a director, e-commerce strategic initiatives. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The digital organization is responsible for creating a world-class customer experience as well as driving revenue and EBITDA growth with our online shopper.
The director, e-commerce strategic initiatives will report to the group vice president, e-commerce division operations, and work closely with the GVP to drive innovative strategies, optimization, automation, and safety using Lean Six-Sigma and DMAIC processes in the business. This position will work closely with division operations organization's leadership team, consisting of product development, e-commerce, digital marketing, customer success as well as with leaders in division operations teams and those in partner organizations, including human resources and other support organizations. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to research, communicate, plan, define, manage and deliver high-visibility programs/projects in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute innovation strategies and road map for division operations in conjunction with the GVP for business initiatives to reduce waste and increase productivity and efficiency using LEAN fundamentals.
- Partner with technology teams and external vendors to research and evaluate automation solutions that optimize and drive business process efficiency.
- Deliver operational continuous improvement framework to align people, process and technology to drive operational excellence across cross-functional teams and improve solution delivery through measuring critical key performance indicators.
- Develop communications strategies that define, develop and drive the execution of the continuous improvement program goals and delivery of processes and technology to business stakeholders.
- Build and administer frameworks and operating rhythms using an agile team and smart goals approach for multiple initiatives, including business planning, growth initiatives, operational efficiencies, merchandising and marketing execution.
- Develop and drive safety programs within operations to reduce cost and improve safety metrics.
- Work closely with all functions to align division operations strategies. Affect results by maneuvering through appropriate formal and informal organization channels. Influence across all levels.
- Plan and conduct kickoff meetings; define scope; develop detailed baseline project plans; track and manage programs and projects to successful completion; communicate status, issues and risks to project stakeholders; provide leadership to cross-functional project teams; and maintain project documentation.
- Partner with GVP, division operations leadership team, and managers to prepare presentations for business reviews, milestone achievement and tracking, committee meetings, and other forums. Plan and execute executive communications and key messages delivered to internal and external audiences.
- Minimum eight to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in directly relevant senior roles in business, e-commerce and program/project management, work process optimization, business planning and operations, and/or retail management and support, preferably in a digital environment or technology.
- Lean Six-Sigma and DMAIC process expert.
- BA/BS degree is required, with preference for degrees in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields. MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced effective project and program management skills, with the ability to define scope, develop and drive project delivery vs. an established schedule, and manage interdependencies, risks and issues on initiatives.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Thought leader who provides out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving.
- Experience ideally spans a broad range of business and technology programs and initiatives, including product development and management, process improvement, and innovation.
- Experience working closely with executives and senior leaders in support of strategic programs, as well as business planning and operational activities.
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, practices and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Expert ability to develop a wide variety of written content for a broad range of stakeholders using a wide range of tools and channels.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels.
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to distill technical information into stories for a variety of audiences. Data-driven mind-set, with ability to design surveys, capture metrics and data, and leverage data and analytics to measure program effectiveness and progress.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint) required.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that's fast paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented.