Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Director, Global Athlete Marketing is responsible for leading UA’s approach to build a truly global portfolio of athletes and influencers to support the brands growth. This includes working cross functional to fully understand UA’s brand and category direction to ensuring UA makes the most strategic, high ROI partnership investments. The focus of this role will be to ensure our regional Sports Marketing teammates are set up for success by delivering Global Athlete strategic approach, athlete marketing / activation best practices as well as new program creation, ROI / measurement, strong link / management to Human Performance team and regional support.
The Director will provide oversight to regional athlete identification, athlete recruitment, contract negotiations, development of on boarding, servicing approach, long/short term financial planning and global activation aligned with GTM calendar. The Director will work closely with the Global Marketing, Category and Regions in order to meet and exceed business objectives/targets as well as drive brand equity.
• Establish global approach to building and activating a portfolio of athletes
• Develop UA holistic approach to athletes – criteria, identification, activation, servicing and measurement (etc.)
• Responsible to coach regional teams on UA’s approach to building and nurturing relationships with athletes and agents to support our marketing goals and objectives, aligned to the Corporate 5YP.
• Identify activation opportunities that can help drive attract and conversion rates which results in revenue growth in a specific category and overall.
• Responsible for helping to execute the Sports Marketing Strategy as it relates to a specific category.
• Continuously create, enhance and grow external athlete | influencer relationships in order to find opportunities | synergies which could help grow the business.
• Develop and deliver strong ROI and measurement tools to teammates and leadership on performance of the portfolio.
• As a critical member of the sports marketing leadership team we will look to this director to establish influence, trust across the global marketing team.
• Provide support to the Sports Marketing Leadership Team (specifically Director of Sports Marketing) in managing annual (global & regional) budgets in order to achieve financial targets.
• Partner with the Brand Category and Regional Marketing Teams on an on-going basis to better understand GTM milestones and determine how Sports Marketing can become more effectively integrated into the overall IMP process.
• Responsible for developing, training and supporting regional Athlete Marketing teammates to improve the team and individual contributions.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the Sports Marketing Athlete Portfolio database.
• Responsible for helping to build one IMP in partnership with the Brand Category Marketing Team and other cross-functional global marketing teammates. Based on strategic category specific stories for campaign, product or calendar moments, help identify athlete assets that can be leveraged in effective storytelling across regions, categories, touchpoints and athlete asset utilization and activation plans.
• Actively participate in cross functional team meetings that are focused on building the Integrated Category Creative Briefs which outlines UA’s detailed consumer journey | activation plans that can be executed in each Region.
• Assist the Global Marketing Team stay on-time, on-budget and on-brand as it pertains to the creative development process which includes the identification, securing and scheduling of athlete assets for photo shoots and events.
• Implement standard sports marketing best practices
• Identify areas to streamline processes
• Lead and/or participate in cross functional “ways of working” sessions to increase cross functional engagement and strengthen operating model to be nimble, more effective/efficient. This include newly created initiatives or programs that regions can execute.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore