posted September 17, 2021
The director, global brand management owns and sets the direction, strategy and priorities at the category level across multiple brands, including core brands critical to GNC’s growth, in collaboration with Brand leadership. This individual oversees the execution of brand initiatives that deliver relevant and profitable innovation to the target consumer(s).
- Serves as central liaison and category expert with key stakeholders across the organization, including Retail Merchandising, Wholesale, E-Commerce/Marketplaces, International Merchandising, Marketing, Product Design, Product Development, and Finance, for critical brands across GNC’s owned brand portfolio.
- Develops the category and consumer-led innovation strategy and long-term road map with and oversees execution, as well as actively participates in executing to move strategy forward.
- Identifies category/brand priorities and gains alignment with internal cross-functional partners.
- Ensures that the brands, products and initiatives are built to drive incremental GNC business for the category.
- Develops consumer and market research with internal research partners and leverages consumer and market insights to identify, develop, strengthen and evolve brand identity and brand assortment across platforms.
- Analyzes research to understand competitive environment and identify opportunities to amplify brand message to showcase GNC in ways that are distinctive, relevant and essential to target audiences.
- Collaborates cross-functionally and oversees development brand packaging, style guides, and priorities of communication and messaging for brands/category.
- Ensures brand consistency across all channels through comprehensive briefs for internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as a thought leader in the organization to improve ways of working cross-functionally and establishes processes to increase efficiency.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) required
- Ten-plus years progressive brand leadership experience required
- Eight-plus years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience required
- Strong understanding of all consumers across the category
- Strong understanding of marketing and advertising
- Basic understanding of CPG product development
- Experience identifying trends, innovative ideas, and actionable insights relevant for the brand
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation and reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting