As the director, global content and social strategy, you'll work cross-functionally to lead the development and expansion of lululemon’s content and social media strategy, defining where, why, what and how we’ll share stories, disrupt feed fatigue, and engage in meaningful conversation with our community members across social media platforms. As a key leader within the Global Brand Marketing organization, reporting to the vice president of brand management, you will define a modern point of view on the role each channel plays for our brand — informing and overseeing the strategy for all lululemon brand accounts — ensuring that we inspire and connect meaningfully with guests through social channels while also driving the business.
We aim to inspire globally and connect locally, which will require a global strategy that's aligned, wired together, sharing best practices, and orchestrated to act more often in unison so that we can maximize our efforts to deliver powerful stories that elevate the brand and our collective. This role requires a digital-savvy marketing strategist who will identify powerful guest and campaign insights as well as powerful stories that promote lululemon’s purpose, values, products and ambassadors with the aim of inspiring, engaging and being in dialog with our community and differentiating our brand. We're searching for someone who is a passionate, innovative big picture thinker who can connect social to all other aspects of the business to drive connection and growth.
What You'll Do
- Establish a data-driven approach to inform and build overall content and social strategy to increase awareness and engagement.
- Define and declare the role of each global and regional social channel, and monitor/measure the execution (global dashboard).
- Develop key performance indicators and create mechanisms to analyze the team's initiatives and its impact on business results.
- Work closely with global and regional brand and communications leaders to set and deliver lululemon’s content and editorial strategy that drives demand (including our content hub, sweatlife and additional SEO content).
- Collaborate with Regional Social Media, Digital Marketing (i.e., Media, Performance Marketing and CRM) and PR teams to build local strategies that maximize the effectiveness of our digital/social media assets.
- Coordinate and develop social best practices, strategies and creative standards with regional teams that utilize social accounts, platforms and strategies to achieve their business objectives.
- Brief and develop strategic, engaging and award-winning social extensions within global campaigns.
- Drive the global innovation agenda for the social media function.
- Develop content and social strategies and plans for our Global Brand Ambassador roster and lululemon executives.
- Regularly communicate performance against objectives to the organization. Analyze post-publication metrics to update standard practices and evaluate team performance.
- Feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the social teams around the world to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion. Be the eyes and ears of the ever-changing social landscape.
- Oversee all social media channels in times of crisis, managing the company’s reputation and brand.
- Partner with our People & Culture and Communications teams to inform and support the strategy of our corporate social channels (both internal and external).
- Lead and support the social teams around the world in pursuit of functional excellence.
- Eight years to 10-plus years of experience in advertising, media, digital media, marketing or consulting roles.
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, WeChat, and Weibo, and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Strong record of developing and executing successful large-scale campaigns/initiatives with measurable results.
- Proven results building social following across a variety of channels as well as using social to drive demand.
- A creative and strategic approach to drive with exciting, forward-thinking ideas that strongly align with lululemon’s purpose and business priorities.
- Experience leading multiple external agencies/vendors to consistently and effectively deliver outstanding strategies and creative.
- Demonstrated passion for driving big ideas through customer insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style, with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Knowledge of modern media and principles of SEO.
- Possess editorial experience.
- China market experience preferred.