This director, global omnichannel and e-commerce, will be the global business owner for online/omnichannel loyalty, which involves:
- Own and regularly update the online/omnichannel loyalty road map across all brands and regions, based on new information from regional omnichannel teams, global brand teams, and other cross-functional partners.
- Partner with online and/or retail IT teams to ensure that technical resources are available to implement the loyalty road map as planned, and address any resourcing/technical time line issues that may arise.
- Oversee the deployment of the $2 million loyalty development budget, which includes generic enhancements to the white-label loyalty product as well as new loyalty instances.
- Act as a Global Center of Excellence by providing regional omnichannel teams with global guidance, learnings, and best practices, enabling them to better lead loyalty program development in their markets.
- Oversee a direct report who will act as the North America loyalty project manager by owning the end-to-end project time line for new and updated programs in the market. Ensure that cross-functional teams (Global and North America Online Brand, Consumer Engagement/CRM, Legal, Finance, Online and Offline tech teams, etc.) clearly understand their roles and deadlines in the overall process, which includes program design, return on investment model development, budget requests and management, legal approval, technical accounting, asset development, requirements alignment, business intelligence reporting, and post-launch bug fixes.
- Partner with online finance and accounting teams on loyalty ROI development and revenue recognition model setup for new/updated loyalty programs; assist with answering brand questions on ROI and deferrals, when possible.
- Own all loyalty reporting/data requests and enhancements, including providing oversight and direction to the BI team on loyalty-related dashboards.
(S)he will also act as the global business owner for online/omnichannel new business models (NBMs), including pre-order, personalized kits, and SmartGift:
- Guide a direct report in monitoring the competitor landscape for potentially relevant NBMs to prioritize. Scope, define and pilot first global instance of priority NBMs, in partnership with online brand and tech teams.
- Partner with regional omnichannel and online tech teams to understand what market-specific adjustments need to be made in order to roll out successfully piloted NBMs to their markets; develop and share NBM rollout playbook and FAQs (including marketing).
- Oversee the deployment of the development budget for these NBMs; track and report financial results/key performance indicators.
40 percent: Ensure the successful implementation of the global online/omnichannel loyalty road map, including deployment of $2 million budget. Oversee direct report in project managing the design, build and launch global first-instance loyalty programs in North America. Advise and support regional omnichannel teams as they lead rollouts of existing loyalty programs to new markets.
20 percent: Act as the global business-side expert for existing online/omnichannel loyalty programs. Partner with brand and technical teams to identify, define, road map, and implement top-priority enhancements for existing loyalty programs. Own the evolution of loyalty reporting and the white-label loyalty solution. Ensure that the omnichannel team’s voice is heard in any corporate-level loyalty discussions, including revenue recognition discussions.
25 percent: Oversee direct report in identifying potential NBMs, and guide the launch and roll out of select initiatives. Guide direct report in seeking out potential NBMs, identifying and scoping top candidates, and working with brand and technical teams to launch a pilot instance. Guide direct report and regional omnichannel teams in building out rollout road map and playbook for successfully piloted NBMs, including localizing technical processes as needed. Current priorities include pre-order, personalized kits, paid sampling, and SmartGift.
15 percent: Provide flexible, ad-hoc support for various omnichannel and strategy team initiatives. Examples include providing periodic updates on loyalty and/or NBMs to a variety of external teams, supporting the omnichannel team budget and LRP process, creating materials for strategy and other executive presentations, etc.
- MBA preferred; BA/BS in Business or technical related field accepted
- Eight years work experience in management consulting or retail operations, with a focus on consumer experience, retail, online.
- Comfort with consumer-facing technology and an ability to articulate its impact to brands and relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, understand incentives, and ensure alignment in a matrixed organization
- Strong attention to detail and results orientation; high work ethic and persistence to drive an initiative to completion; a “roll up the sleeves” attitude towards tackling a challenge