This position is responsible for managing and delivering the Global E-commerce objectives and priorities; inclusive of branding and sales targets. This also comprises launching and supporting brand sites globally, supporting retailer websites, feature planning, channel merchandising and marketing planning, and supporting product launches including online exclusives. The E-commerce leader also drives the online communication, luxury positioning and reinforcement of the Tom Ford Beauty brand.
The Director will collaborate with global and regional brand stakeholders to plan site calendars, ensure successful product and brand positioning for all programs – with an emphasis on equity product stories and effective site merchandising to influence and drive successful sales and site experience. The role requires excellent collaboration with the cross-functional teams to deliver strong engagement metrics by understanding the needs and expectation of the global online, multi-channel and offline consumer. The Director will share best practices, help regions activate locally relevant commercial programming, and lead online business reviews with markets.
This candidate must have a proven track record in running a successful e-commerce business that maintained significant YOY growth or ultimately increasing key performance indicators. The Director of Global E-commerce is required to have an in-depth understanding of how to drive e/m- commerce sales through effective and cost-efficient marketing programs. Director will report directly to Executive Director, Omnichannel, CRM and Analytics, Tom Ford Beauty.
Global Strategy and Oversight
- Build seasonal e-commerce strategy that supports brand equity and contributes to global brand sites, the digital flagship of tomford.com and global retailer.com growth
- Drive profitable e-commerce business in all regions, with a special focus on top markets. Collaborate with all regional online and brand partners to facilitate achievement of sales plans globally
- Support Executive Director with Global P&L management and analysis of key business metrics and site performance. Develop, maintain and socialize global analytics dashboards with action plans
- Develop effective relationships with regional and affiliate teams and lead monthly business reviews with region. Identify needs and areas of opportunity, guide best practices to further drive the businesses and recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
- Compile online channel testing strategy and manage sharing forum with all Tom Ford Beauty regions.
- Cascade the global online strategy and accelerate online with a goal of being the #1 door in each market
- Where applicable, collaborate with omni teams and product marketing on online exclusives, ensure concept, forecasting and marketing assets are delivered to meet business needs.
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward
- Manage the launch, guidelines and rollout of all new international websites
- Responsible for developing the Tom Ford Beauty features and functionality roadmap and working with the online production teams to launch and QA new features on a rolling basis. Balance global bug fixes against new feature implementation.
- Develop the global online marketing calendar that marries with the offline calendar and brand opportunities. Include market-specific launches, promotions, live streams and other programs.
- Oversee development of online specific assets and online content management process
- Collaborate on the briefs with the respective teams to finalize the content and assets. Create and distribute launch and execution tool kits to all the regions.
- Partner with Affiliates and Online Inventory Planning to set guidelines for appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to develop comprehensive e-comm guidelines to cover launch to leverage activities, including but not limited to advertising and promo budget, CRM, and web enhancements
- Manage reporting to deliver monthly and quarterly reports covering, but not limited to key site metrics (e.g. site traffic, page views, page performance, abandonment rates, etc.) globally
CRM in Brand.com markets
- Partner with Global CRM to provide additional strategic direction on Global eCRM strategy in brand.com markets
- Work with regional teams and Global CRM on communication strategies, email segmentation, frequency of sends and overall email calendars /stay informed on other markets planning where possible
- Oversee execution of special email projects and data integration needs (e.g. live emails, automation, triggered email series, e-crm initiatives)
- Oversee and provide center of excellence support for rollouts including education and insights on loyalty tactics, launch activities and ongoing optimizations to drive acquisition and retention online
- Support strategy to drive retailer.com sales and work with internal sales teams to ensure offline strategies are executed seamlessly with online
- Oversee retailer.com acceleration strategies with a special focus on top doors and partner doors
- Work cross-functionally to oversee all SPP/MPP needs for launches and refreshes
- Work with regional teams to facilitate the creation and execution of all promotional activities, merchandising strategy (launches and repromotes) strategize build special programs, customer acquisition, and retention
- Uphold and audit retailer.com guidelines with all international retailers, in partnership with regional contacts
Integration with Brand Digital Marketing Programs
- Oversee and support process and integration for digital marketing and loyalty programs online
- Collaborate and lead brand digital marketing initiatives and integration to main site
- Work with Omnichannel, Marketing teams and Creative to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns for key launches, commercial innovation, key occasions and other online traffic-driving activities
- Collaborate with consumer marketing and regional teams on brand.com media campaigns to drive insights into actions; ensure all proper website tracking is in place to drive A&P effectiveness
- Responsible for special projects/site features across brand.com and online partnerships
- Recent 10 years in commercially minded online role, with last 5 years in e-commerce with proven track record of success
- Experience translating luxury brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision. Must always mirror the values and positioning of the brand
- Proven digital skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, merchandising and marketing, and online/omni vendor selection and management
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team. Strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong global experience with a deep knowledge of APAC’s online nuances
- Creative problem solver able to thrive in fast paced environment
- Big-picture thinker and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Must possess excellent creative, verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Google Analytics
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.