We are seeking a Director, Growth Marketing (Performance Media) to lead our SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Re-marketing, and Programmatic marketing channels. In this role, you will oversee the performance marketing team, driving strategy and execution across our media channels. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing and acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical and technical skillset, and thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale, optimize performance and enable Rent The Runway to achieve overall growth goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow and improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets and customer quality based on LTV
- Employ a data-driven strategy in order to build and execute digital testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency and channel mix
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand Rent The Runway’s customer’s journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Test into new channels for RTR (podcast, You Tube, TikTok etc.)
- Partner with Finance and Revenue teams to forecast business growth, and set the strategic approach for driving the highest ROI marketing investments. Manage and refine complex acquisition modeling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Lead budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast
- Own regular communication of performance marketing performance against goals, bringing clear analysis and insights from the data
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Oversee team management (internal, agencies, contractors). Responsible for setting budgets, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying and filling resource gaps and implementing and refining processes as needed
- Collaborate with engineering and product to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content. Partner with 3rd parties where necessary.
- BA/BS required
- 7+ years digital marketing experience across paid search, paid social, affiliate, TV/video, and offline marketing channels (podcasts, direct mail, etc)
- Experience in consumer products or retail, startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record successfully managing a multi-million dollar acquisition budget and taking a company through an intensive growth period for an e-comm business (ideally a subscription business)
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Extensive knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Experience with multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- Deep understanding of A/B and incrementally tests
- Excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- Expert in Facebook bidding, targeting and optimization, with hands-on experience running campaigns.
- Possess consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- Passionate about marketing and marketing tech. Up to date on industry trends and technology.
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment