The Director, Human Resources will lead a team of People Business Partners and be aligned to the Walmart US Merchandising organization that supports our Omni, one merchant team associates. This leader is key in helping to drive significant change and transformation, build and foster relationships with a new Executive leadership team, lead people relation practices and transform the people operating model. This role is very complex in scope and will lead a team who are strategist and executors.
- Develops the human resources strategy to support assigned business area by understanding strategic business goals and objectives; advising on the execution of organizational change initiatives; assessing human resources implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders on human resources issues.
- Directs the consistent execution of the company's human resource practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing human resources practices; analyzing and interpreting reports ; creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance ; conducting on-site observations and investigations; developing and delivering human resources methodology and process training programs to management; and providing human resources advice and consulting for managers.
- Directs human resource and business data analysis and management by collaborating with cross-functional partners to identify, collect, and analyze data ; conducting data analysis on cross-functional data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns ; understanding data from reports and presentations; making data-driven recommendations; administrating and utilizing Share Point and other collaboration tools; creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; and maintaining information security and confidentiality.
- Directs compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and regulations related to general human resource practices and regulations related to licensure and certification ; implementing and monitoring human resource compliance; implementing action plans to improve performance and reduce instances of non-compliance; and directing management teams in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 5 years’ experience in human resources or related area OR;
- 7 years’ experience in human resources or related area.
- 1 year’s supervisory experience.