Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The e-commerce department has an opening for a Director, Last Mile Fulfillment. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting, and friendly e-commerce shopping experience, through the invention of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers.
The Director of Last Mile Fulfillment is responsible for development of our last mile fulfillment and delivery strategy to service our e-commerce delivery customers. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. You will be responsible for integrating the last mile strategy with the broader supply chain development roadmap and implementing it in partnership with the operations team. You will collaborate with technology partners to provide thoughtful solutions for last mile that balances near term capabilities and services with emerging technologies capable of disrupting the market.
The grocery industry is underdeveloped in e-commerce, and this person will contribute in influencing the future of grocery e-commerce and establish Albertsons as an industry leader. There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and own transportation network design, planning and execution to support the growth and expansion strategy of our e-commerce business.
- Deliver on a well-scoped strategic plan and KPIs for the fulfillment team based on business goals.
- Own and manage the procurement, financing, maintenance, and deployment of our fleet vehicles
- Develop and manage relationships with third party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load.
- Lead tactical logistics operations that result in customer satisfaction.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including product, IT, operations, customer service, procurement, and finance to solve complex business problems in fulfillment.
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain (Manufacturing, Fulfillment, Logistics, Transportation).
- Relevant experience in distribution, transportation, or network design with emphasis on designing and executing supply chain process improvements.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain principles, lean manufacturing, and supply chain financial modeling.
- Proven track record of supply chain product or program management and operations continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated customer obsession from experience growing dynamic businesses.
- BA/BS in Industrial Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management, Logistics, MS/MBA preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification or Training a plus
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Exceptional at prioritizing and focusing on the highest value opportunities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level.
- Exceptional relationship building and influencing skills.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer experience.