Walmart has always understood the importance of putting the customer first, from everyday low prices to ongoing omnichannel innovations. We serve 95 percent of America.
Our customers rely on Walmart to save money and live better. With the launch of Walmart+ we will enable them to maximize those savings even more, so they can get the best out of life.
We're building a best-in-class marketing organization that's tasked with converting Walmart customers into Walmart+ members and continuously delivering value to them. The team is structured along the life cycle of a member, from awareness to trial and then to utilization and retention.
This role will lead the organization in charge of the top of the funnel, delivering high levels of awareness and consideration and setting the stage for a robust membership base.
Primary responsibilities include:
Strategy and Execution
- Partner with brand strategy team to develop the value proposition of Walmart+.
- Define brand awareness objectives/key performance indicators, and develop strategic plan to achieve them.
- Develop brand and media briefs for agencies and collaborate in the development of dynamic storytelling collateral that communicates the value proposition.
- Represent Walmart+ (and source benefits for its members) in companywide efforts, including seasonal and category campaigns.
- Collaborate with PR and partnerships team to design and launch word-of-mouth and earned media efforts.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop associate education and engagement approach.
- Oversee execution of awareness efforts across earned channels (PR) and owned channels, including store marketing and social media.
- Foster and maintain day-to-day relationship with brand, media and creative agencies.
- Source cross-category benefits for Walmart+ members.
Insights and Analytics
- Partner with Customer Science and Brand and Media teams to determine measures of success for upper funnel media and creative.
- Track and share key awareness KPIs, providing insights for fast decision making.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits and act as an internal advocate for innovative solutions and marketing campaigns that will acquire and retain the best members.
- Build a high-performing team that's seen as a strong strategic partner to the cross-functional teams (e.g., internal media agency, creative and product teams, etc.).
- Collaborate across all workstreams to ensure a unified approach to member cycle is represented cross-functionally, as well as within the team.
- Lead through ambiguity in an ever-changing environment.
- Manage and mentor one to two associates.
- Ten-plus years relevant experience in B-to-C marketing
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in Excel.
- Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand-building efforts
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure
- Strong performance marketing experience. Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business
- Knowledge of and interest in customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Four years experience in marketing or related field OR seven years experience in marketing or related field
- One year's supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional projects
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
- Leading cross-functional projects, marketing, supervisory
- Masters: Business Administration