Our mission is:
To be an omni organization at the forefront of helping shift perception of our brand, drive consideration, demand and sales by creating insights-led and data-driven holistic comms strategies and paid media plans so that our customers believe that Walmart helps them save money and live better.
The primary accountability for this role is to lead the strategic media planning, buying, partnerships, negotiations, execution, reporting and optimization for Brand and Cross-Category initiatives. This lead will ensure we are driving the efficacy of investment, balancing the need to meet ROAS goals with the imperative of implementing never-been-done-before innovations and programs. This person will also make sure they bring in all key partners and stakeholders across retail marketing, measurement, performance marketing, customer insights, finance, and agency partners to help to define the standard for effective cross-functional collaboration. This position needs to remain on the cutting edge of understanding and implementing emerging media channels (connected tv, digital OOH, mobile, social) and new ways of communicating and engaging consumers.
Specific accountabilities would include:
• Craft the next level of integrated media and marketing strategies and create a plan and vision that can lead to significant impact, innovation and industry acclaim for the brand and business.
• Lead communications planning and media buying strategy across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, digital, social, and mobile media
• Leverage insights, learnings, and modeling to help determine the right channel mix
• Leverage data tactics across channels to further bolster the data-informed portions of our plans with personalized messaging served during the right mindset.
• Manage media agency partner teams to ensure that strategies and plans deliver against business objectives and create impact in the marketplace
• Manage US media brand and business budgets, including all operational, fiscal and investment ROI and evaluation responsibilities
• Collaborate with creative, experience, partner, social, performance, insights, data and analytics teams
• Coordinate/partner with internal and external stakeholders to author and present best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines
• Help create a pipeline of new ideas and methods of marketing including “test and learn” plans and analyze relative ROI possibilities
• Create an environment of collaboration, teamwork, learning and sharing that can help drive associate
• Deepen and nurture relationships with media publishers and technology companies to enable first-mover access, most competitive rates, and development of innovative programs that drive our brand and business forward
• Define and reinforce media quality standards for brand safety, viewability, verification and fraud reduction