Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
Shipt is on its way to becoming a national brand and we are looking for an experienced content leader to concept, create, and distribute unique stories that leverage our greatest asset: the Shipt community which includes members, shoppers, and retail partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading content marketing efforts and developing editorial strategy by owning the vision and evolution of our overall content marketing library including social channels, influencer marketing partnerships, and our growing online community.
You will take center stage in communicating the vision to the rest of the marketing team, and at Shipt.
- Define and execute a content marketing roadmap and editorial strategy that communicates the brand vision, champions the Shipt community, grows thought leadership in our category, and drives engagement throughout the overall funnel.
- Provide an analytical perspective, set realistic goals, and develop a reporting plan for key performance metrics such as growth, engagement, reach, sentiment, and conversation across channels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across functional areas — from performance marketing and social media to PR and customer experience — to align on content needs and ensure content is being amplified across all channels.
- Partner with internal creative teams and agencies to brainstorm, ideate and execute creative social and influencer content, ensuring we show up in new and interesting ways with an emphasis on emerging trends and best practices.
- Partner with the growth marketing team to develop website content that educates the user and drives ROI, while delivering against our ultimate goal of providing a personalized user experience.
- Develop standards and best practices within Shipt’s social channels to inform and scale across all platforms.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone, and optimized for search and/or user experience across all channels.
- Develop the roadmap for content that aligns against integrated marketing initiatives like campaigns, events, product launches, and promotions.
- Lead social media, influencer community, and content marketing functions with the ability to motivate and coach the team, delegate effectively, and manage performance.
- Establish strong working relationships with collaborators in brand, product marketing, creative, growth marketing, merchandising, PR, experiential, and other related functions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience and a proven track record of delivering content, content marketing and community development for consumer lifestyle brands with mass market sensibility.
- Excited about proactively coming up with and implementing ideas (big and small) that will help grow our brand and audience.
- Demonstrated success developing content, and social strategies and supporting plans with clear goals and metrics.
- Experience managing teams, include remote and virtual employees.
- Experience creating and developing content experiences for a variety of digital marketing channels.
- Comfortable with both big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution.
- Exceptional writing and/or editing skills.
- A real team player with the ability to work with others, comfortable with adaptability, and a commitment to keeping a level of transparency throughout the process.
- A positive, can-do attitude comfortable working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal