The Director, Digital Experience will own the digital customer experience across channels, platforms and devices and orchestrate a strategic omnichannel plan. This includes strategizing, planning, developing and executing content plans, overseeing promotions and campaigns, optimizing search, browse, cross sells and UGC, monitoring performance analytics, and driving A/B testing and personalization. The Director should combine existing expertise in e-commerce, user experience, digital marketing, technology and management to deliver a best-in-class shopping and membership experience for all of our members.
As the Director of Digital Experience you will set the vision for the digital experience and work cross functionally to define the roadmap with an eye toward increasing conversion, AOV and memberships. This is a multidisciplinary role where you’ll lead a team of Digital Experience Managers, Content Specialists and E-commerce Associates, partnering closely with Product/Engineering, Digital Creative, Program Management, Merchandising, Marketing, Member Care and Operations. The Director of Digital Experience reports into the VP, Digital Experience and Program Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft, develop, and own the end-to-end vision of the BJs digital experience, including the BJs.com responsive website, mobile app and other digital properties
- Manage the overall digital user experience, including site navigation, search, content development, checkout funnel, membership and promotional campaigns.
- Lead a team of digital experience and e-commerce professionals that can effectively develop and execute creative e-commerce solutions.
- Partner with Marketing and Merchandising to produce integrated campaigns that will deliver an increase in conversion rates, overall order size and margin improvement.
- Proactively identify opportunities that drive KPIs, sales, margin and membership; or identify gaps in digital/customer experience and partner with key stakeholders (including Product Management and Engineering) to prioritize opportunities that drive business value.
- Prioritize and manage initiatives and drive the cross functional coordination necessary to drive those initiatives to success with clear and concise project schedules, plans and communications.
- Build a robust A/B and multivariate testing roadmap with the end goal of increasing conversion, cart size, AOV, membership signups and revenue.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and process optimization initiatives such as implementing e-commerce software and other industry best practices
- Partner with the site merchandising and core merchant teams to understand merchandising category goals and determine strategies for experience changes that add value.
- Monitor overall performance of Digital Experience KPIs and communicate performance, successes and resolutions to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Vendor relationship management and coordination of 3rd party vendors and offshore resources needed to drive the digital experience
Education / Degree
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of e-commerce management or digital experience management within aggressive fast paced e-commerce environments
- 5+ years’ experience with Content Management Systems, merchandising tools, e-commerce platforms and Responsive Web Design
- Strong analytic skills with 5+ years experience leveraging data to drive decisions and using site analytics tools (GA, Adobe) and other reporting tools; including the creation and communication of analytic reports.
- A passion for user experience and design
- Experience with A/B testing design and execution
- Experience with Site Search Optimization, Cross and Up Sell optimization and UGC
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams, including e-commerce, business and technology
- The ability to influence people to get things done even if you do not have direct authority over them
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills is a must, including the ability to tailor communication style to different audiences, and to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.)