The Director of Digital Marketing and E-Commerce leads the company's Digital Marketing and E-Commerce teams as well as Gaia Herbs’ Digital Center of Excellence. This full-time employee executes consumer communication strategy across all online platforms, and executes strategic growth plans for e-tailers, including Amazon, and the Direct-to-Consumer platform. The Director of Digital Marketing & E-Commerce oversees the development of the Gaia Herbs’ Digital team into a true growth driver and innovation center for the company and fosters a united and inspired team unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages total P&L of e-commerce through its retailers and Direct-to-Consumer business, delivering sustainable growth while protecting profitability.
- Provides leadership to Digital Marketing & E-Commerce team through effective and clear objective setting, inspiration, and communication. Serves as the voice and ambassador of Digital within the organization.
- Leads implementation of Gaia Herbs consumer-facing campaigns across all online platforms, including Direct to Consumer and Social, in collaboration with Brand Experience team.
- Develops acquisition strategy and program with clear ROI benchmarks for acquired customers and social media followers.
- Develops and deploys an effective CRM strategy to nurture existing customers and builds deeper relationships with customers new to Gaia.
- Provides a high level of oversight and focus on the development of Amazon business, including establishing high ROI advertising programs, optimizing brand presence, and developing and managing MAP.
- Leads negotiations of customer and supplier contracts, developing personal relationships with top accounts and agencies.
- Ensures that Gaia Herbs’ social media presence is on-brand (in collaboration with Brand team), high engagement rates are maintained and consumer questions and reactions on social media are addressed in a timely manner.
- Owns user experience for GaiaHerbs.com, ensuring both education and conversion are optimized.
- Reviews, supports, promotes and protects our product offerings in E-Commerce and Direct-to-Consumer channel, including enhancement of brand pages, ensuring mechanisms are in place to respond and build on Customer Reviews.
- Builds a strategic 3-year plan for e-commerce channel development in collaboration with Sales and Marketing leadership. Ensures e-commerce plans are in line with the rest of channel strategy, particularly with regards to pricing and execution.
- Produces the demand forecast for E-Commerce and Direct to Consumer channels and collaborates with Operations and Finance for go-to-market strategy and execution alignment.
This position directly supervises Manager of Digital and Engagement, E-Commerce Marketing Manager and E-Commerce Account Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years’ business experience, including at least 5 years e-commerce and digital marketing experience.
- A track record of success building profitable sales on Amazon.com in one or more consumer goods categories, ideally focused on health and wellness.
- Direct-to-Consumer business experience, particularly managing UX, digital investment with an eye to channel profitability and consumer insights.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, IT or related discipline preferred), Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as a digital change agent
- Proven team management skills and a track record of building a team from the ground up
- Ability to be proactive and to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, with the ability to collaborate well
- High level of comfort working with data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of natural and organic brands, with a passion for wellness and natural lifestyle preferred
- Ability to perform effectively in a remote work environment
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time, to visit accounts and the Mills River, NC office