Scope of Job
- Builds strong working relationships in leading the district and retail store managers and teams to ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs), goals and objectives are achieved across all stores.
- Motivates and leads district and store managers, ensuring all service levels, standards and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Leads recruitment, retention, promotion and staffing plans while managing payroll hours and overall expenses to ensure costs stay at or below prescribed levels.
- Identifies skill gaps and schedules training as needed for all managers and teams as required.
- Recruits top-notch managers and oversees the recruiting of all store-level employees, ensuring all are thoroughly trained and have a solid understanding of company information, product knowledge, upselling techniques, and point-of-sale and service standards and expectations.
- Leads new store opening initiatives and pop-up selling opportunities.
- Completes performance reviews and feedback, and oversees store-level performance reviews as needed and in a timely manner.
- Ensures the store environment and visual standards are consistent across all locations and maintained at or above standards while ensuring a pleasant and enjoyable shopping experience occurs for all customers and guests.
- Partners with vice president of retail stores in developing new strategies for business growth and revenue generation. Supports company programs and directives, including social media initiatives.
- Builds positive working and learning environments for team members.
- Ensures all employees are well-versed and trained on all retail sales and operational initiatives, including the sail trade program.
Proactively leads and shares with district and store managers, and teams the Sea Bags brand story and cornerstones of the business in a manner that leads to increased sales, exemplary service, and the best possible brand and shopping experience.
- Be the driving force behind the Sea Bags brand in leading district and store teams in achieving financial goals, KPIs and objectives.
- Support new store opening initiatives and tasks associated with growing the retail division.
- Build strong working relationships with district managers and store managers in ensuring regular store supervision and visits (minimum three times per month during peak selling seasons) by providing feedback and support in achieving business goals.
- Conducts regular review with district managers of store product levels and communicates with the vice presidents of retail stores, merchandising, and inventory control to ensure stores are replenished and stocked accordingly.
- Motivates district and store managers and teams to meet and exceed daily goals while ensuring exemplary service is provided by all store teams.
- Closely manages retail staffing plans and payroll expenses as necessary to ensure all districts and stores stay within budget.
- Leads the recruitment and retention plan, ensuring all stores are adequately staffed and employees thoroughly trained while identifying skill gaps and training opportunities as needed.
- Ensures the completion of all performance reviews of managers on an annual basis, and that performance reviews are completed for all store-level associates across all stores.
- Ensures all stores are neat and clean, and all visual presentation standards and directives are followed accordingly.
- Maintains the protection of all company assets, controlling internal and external loss.
- Leads and supports all company social media initiatives, directives, engagements and promotions.
- Leads all boat show and other selling events, including Blue Crew truck for seasonal selling opportunities.
- Works closely with retail operations manager in supporting retail operational goals and strategies, including sail trade initiatives.
- Five years of experience as a director of stores, regional director or district manager
- Solid leadership skills with proven track record as a successful leader in a growing retail organization
- Be a team player and jump in and support any needs in the company when called upon
- Good listener with solid interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate and articulate processes and instructions both orally and in writing
- Strong motivator of people
- Solid customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. in unloading trucks or receiving sail trades
- Capable of occasional long work periods during store openings
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight and for extended periods as needed
- Bachelors or Associates degree in business
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Google Sheets