The Director of Visual Merchandising - Golf Galaxy is responsible for supporting the evolution and growth of Golf Galaxy, a specialty golf store owned and operated by DICK’S Sporting Goods, a Fortune 400 retailer. The Director will oversee the conceptualization, development and communication of comprehensive visual merchandising strategies and programs as we continue to evolve the in-store experience for golf enthusiasts.
The ideal candidate will drive cross-functional engagements and partnerships to ensure a 360- degree approach to all merchandising initiatives. He/she will ensure that all outputs are in alignment with the Golf Galaxy brand vision and create a compelling and unforgettable in-store experience that is easily understood by our golfers, executable by store associates and drives sales, margin and turn for the business.
- Work strategically with cross-functional teams (merchants, planning and allocation, marketing, store operations, the field and vendor community) to develop standard and seasonal in-store presentations that are grounded in customer insights.
- Lead the Golf Galaxy visual teams in both creative and operational visual processes from conception to implementation. This includes the following: the development of visual merchandising floor sets, the coordination of walk-throughs with key stakeholders, game plans, planograms, adjacency flows and standards to ensure a cohesive merchandise presentation that drives sales.
- Deliver strong leadership skills and practices through the hiring, developing, coaching, mentoring and effective succession planning for associates. Focus areas include evolving teammates business acumen, ensuring their ability to deliver on key responsibilities by role and personal development plans.
- Responsible for directing and driving the execution of special projects and in-store events in support of some of the top brands in golf. This includes aligning with merchants and the operations team on strategies, budget and timing and authoring project charters for executive level sign-off.
- Partner with Store Design and Construction on the lay-out and function of new stores, remodels and category initiatives, fixture packages and applicable department updates to elevate the store experience.
- Facilitate seasonal training workshops, monthly merchandising strategy overviews and conference calls with the Operations leadership teams to ensure adoption of new initiatives and commitment to execution and compliance.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in visual merchandising for a leading retailer
- Enthusiasm for the game of golf
- Previous cross-functional experience working with merchandising and store operations leaders
- JDA Systems & Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
- Ability to travel to domestic properties as needed
- Experience leading/supervising multiple teams
- Experience and comfort presenting to and influencing Executive Leadership teams
- Effective, efficient, and results-oriented mindset
- Excellent organizational, analytical, relationship building/interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite