Title Nine is looking for a Director of Retention Marketing for our Emeryville location! This new Marketing Director role will drive the strategy and execution of programs to increase the lifetime value (LTV) of Title Nine customers.
Are you a self-starter with a proven track record of growing customer retention for an e-commerce retailer? Do you love quality women’s activewear and outdoor adventures as much as you love end-to-end customer journey strategy? Then, Title Nine is the place for you!
As the most senior growth person, this role will report to the CMO and be responsible for developing customer segmentation models, contact strategies, and process improvements designed to lead the evolution of the CRM program from batch-and-blast into a true data driven, ROI focused, personalized lifecycle marketing program.
Director, Retention Marketing:
- Drive customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies designed to drive retention, loyalty, and overall LTV through owned and paid channels.
- Oversee, execute, and optimize Title Nine’s email program to drive engagement and sales through triggered and transactional campaigns.
- Develop a comprehensive testing program to optimize performance around customer engagement and conversion across different customer cohorts.
- Manage improvements to email processes, templates and/or functionality and be the in-house expert on email strategies and industry best practices.
- Increase customer loyalty by creating a personalized contact strategy and developing other loyalty programs.
- Optimize the customer journey by developing reactivation strategies at key points and pre-emptive strategies to retain customers.
- Launch campaigns that engage customers and maximize repeat revenue during promotional events and new product launches.
- Partner with e-comm team to maximize customer LTV through site experience.
- Partner with Business Analytics team to structure and oversee data projects.
- Work with Creative team to develop a thorough understanding of what resonates with customers.
- Develop and maintain customer dashboards and reporting for leadership.
- Manage a team to high performance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or similar field. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years direct email/retention marketing management experience at an e-comm retailer, preferably focused on women’s apparel and/or the outdoor industry.
- Extensive experience in developing marketing strategies, executing, measuring, testing, and delivering on performance targets.
- Experience working within email platforms, e-commerce platforms (Salesforce), data and CRM management.
- Data obsessed and Excel whiz experienced analyzing customer data sets and creating action plans based on results.
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing and managing high-value projects within growth marketing and retention to achieve business goals and strategies.
- Experience managing a team including hiring, coaching, training, and developing employees to high performance.
- Experience overseeing and managing budgets and departmental P&L.
- Sports, fitness and/or adventure must be a meaningful, daily part of your life.