As the Director of Sustainability at Coach, the individual in this newly created role will lead and drive Coach brand-specific sustainability strategies and programs which contribute to the achievement of our brand promise, enterprise ESG commitments and business and customer goals. This leader will collaborate with global teams to develop and execute brand sustainability strategies across product, marketing, customer experience and operations as well as incubate and scale customer-facing circular business models. They will also work closely with the Tapestry sustainability team to support enterprise sustainability goals across the Tapestry supply chain.
The ideal candidate combines sustainability subject matter expertise, including deep understanding of current challenges in the retail/consumer goods industry, with the proven ability to build and implement impactful short/long-term strategies and drive customer-centric business innovation. Reporting to the SVP, Global Digital and Customer Experience, and functional reporting to Tapestry’s Director, ESG Strategy, this leader will have a highly visible role working closely with functional and business unit leaders across the organization.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Define and lead Coach’s sustainability strategy, grounded in Coach’s brand vision and business goals, with specific focus on creating compelling, differentiated customer-focused strategies
- Build stakeholder engagement across the organization to drive integration of sustainability objectives into overall brand strategic plans
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional and business unit teams—including Design, Merchandising, Creative, Marketing, Digital, Customer Experience, Retail Operations—to develop and execute on sustainability strategies across product, marketing, customer experience and brand operations
- Incubate and scale circular business models (e.g., up-cycling, re-commerce), combining a customer-focused, action-oriented test and learn approach with robust project and program management competencies, and in partnership with Tapestry Sustainability
- Develop business cases to support recommendations for new projects or investments, partnering with relevant cross-functional teams to do diligence on requirements for implementation
- Define KPIs/targets and measure impact of brand sustainability programs, incorporating environmental, customer and commercial outcomes; develop strategies to engage our customers in our brand sustainability journey, commitments and progress
- Drive internal engagement and education across corporate and field teams; partner with Tapestry sustainability team to educate organization on sustainability challenges, goals and initiatives
- Work closely with Tapestry sustainability team, serving as brand lead, to support Tapestry-wide sustainability goals across supply chain, e.g., sourcing, traceability, carbon footprint, etc., and to ensure brand strategies/objectives are coordinated within overall Tapestry enterprise strategies and goals
- Maintain keen understanding of broader industry landscape around sustainability developments, targets and goals as well as competitive trends; leverage real-time customer insight to inform brand sustainability strategies and programs
- Manage program budgets as relevant
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or master’s degree in sustainability-related field a plus
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in sustainability-related field or function
- Clear track record of successfully developing and implementing innovative sustainability strategies and programs, including circular business models, within retail or consumer products environments
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to integrate sustainability strategies and initiatives into core business operations to support brand priorities and to drive both ESG and commercial outcomes
- High initiative, self-starting capabilities with action-oriented drive; demonstrated ability to identify and seize opportunities for impact in ambiguous contexts; excels in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate across a matrixed global organization, to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you, and to influence change across all levels of the organization
- Sharp strategic thinking and analytical skills; ability to translate strategies into actionable initiatives for practical impact and to define, drive and deliver on program KPIs and ROI goals
- Exceptional project management skills; adept at planning and managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and solving problems/removing obstacles to get work done/drive execution
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills; ability to engage and influence internally and externally
- Passionate about understanding the customer and how sustainability strategies enable organizations to better anticipate and meet changing customer needs; demonstrated ability to leverage real-time customer insight and analysis to drive customer-centric outcomes/innovation
- Ability to work across geographies and cultures
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint