The purpose and mission of this newly created role is to be a key driver of coherent market-wide sales and channel management short-to-mid term execution!
• Responsible for market-wide execution of strategy; mid-term & short-term plans; including forward looking promotional strategy, market-wide trade approach to key seasonal events, etc.
• Drive US implementation of regional strategies coming from America’s Customer Development (AMS CD), AMS eCommerce Center of Excellence (eCOE), AMS Marketing, Global Insights, and other functional areas
• Embed local capability building around Key Account Management, including eCommerce and various functional areas in collaboration with AMS CD and AMS eCOE
• Lead projects and drive meaningful insights integration & competitive behavior understanding into sales actions & customer strategies
• Drive short-term demand stimulation efforts across the portfolio or on specific items; supply allocation and excess management. Includes ownership of Gap-to-Target process
• Drive market-wide Trade Investment productivity initiatives and P&L improvement initiatives
• Lead Sales involvement in Integrated Commercial Planning (ICP), Customer Input Window (where select customers give input to our portfolio), top-to-top meeting coordination, etc.
• Co-lead and facilitate US Leadership Team (USLT) meetings (partnering with Sr. Director of Key Account and Field Sales) and the Sales Leadership Forum (SLF)
• Lead other initiatives in partnership with cross functional areas; Support US General Manager and PO&D Partner in Employee Pulse action plans and US leaders in Customer Pulse, both of which are surveys which gather feedback and insights from employees and customers, respectively
• Blue sky idea generation. Plus, ad hoc problem solving & process improvement.
The US BU organization is responsible for a profitable, multi-billion dollar P&L across five Strategic Business Units (SBUs). There are currently >100 full time team members, and another 120-150 part-time merchandisers spanning US Sales & eCommerce Center of Excellence, US Marketing, and US Market Operations.
This role will work closely with the US Marketing and Operations Directors as well as with Sales & BU Leadership teams. The role will continue to drive and elevate cross functional market-wide thinking, continuous improvement, data-based decision making, and growth / profit hunting in the Sales agenda, as well as the broader US BU as a key participant in both the SLF and US leadership team.
• 8+ years of experience in Key Account Management, Corporate Strategy & Execution or similar fields, or some combination thereof
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to gain team followership in inspiring change, executive communication and upward stakeholder management
• Ideal experience will be in consumer packaged goods industry with a focus on Amazon, Target, and Walmart preferred
• A natural curiosity with a bias toward a continuous improvement approach with project management expertise working locally and globally with cross-functional partners
• Track record of versatility, execution, and effective priority management
• Experience proactively interpreting data to identify trends and challenge the status quo
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, and other data management tools preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent working experience
• Domestic and International travel TBD – estimate <5%
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.