Marquee Brands is seeking an ambitious, creative, innovative, and analytical Merchant with a history of KPI growth and an eye for design to join its New York City team.
Marquee owns and manages a portfolio of established global brands across consumer products and channels from luxury goods to sports and active apparel. Marquee's team of professionals is focused on a commitment to drive organic growth through natural brand extensions, impactful marketing and direct consumer engagement. Our promise is to ensure our brands continue their storied success through relevant product, expanded retail distribution, and international growth all while continuing to be true to their founding message and origin
Martha.com is a new and exciting shop of housewares, kitchen goods, culinary finds, pet staples, and more…from the point of view of the original influencer, Martha Stewart. This new direct-to-consumer online platform will embody Martha's favorite things and her mission to inspire and empower people of all ages to make their homes and lives more beautiful, more functional, and more meaningful. Martha.com will provide high-quality products at a value, superior function and innovation, and beautiful design that elevates the home. Through a unique blend of Martha Stewart's 30-years of experience and best-in-class curated products, Martha.com will bring together everyday solutions for gardening, cooking, baking, collecting, decorating, organizing, and more, from the woman who does it best. It's a good thing.
This role reports into the SVP, Merchandising.
Here's what you will do here
- Product Curation: You'll be the leading assortment curator for your category (Table & Entertaining), selecting product for inclusion on Martha.com, with collaboration and support from Design and Product Development teams.
- Manage an Open-To-Buy Plan: You will have the opportunity to not only track your category's progress, but to strategize too. You'll work through analysis – and with Marketing and Planning – to hit penetration, margin, and sales goals for your category.
- Relationship Management: You'll be building long-lasting and lucrative partnerships with approximately 50-150 vendors (some drop ship and consignment), understanding every detail of their brand – from product stories to production and shipping processes - and working to effectively negotiate, communicate, and collaborate with them.
- Storytelling and Ideating: You're going to sell and tell! You'll take the lead on creating compelling stories around product and brand for the customer in your Category. You'll work collectively with the Merchants and Design to consider trends, seasons, brands, unique product function, etc. to get the team – and customer – as excited about your Category products as you are.
- Internal Collaboration: You'll have day-to-day communication with the Marketing and Creative teams to bring Martha's curation to life on-site.
- Leadership: You'll have support from an Assistant Merchant, and the opportunity to be a real leader and mentor to that role, with respect to the business as well as individual growth goals. You'll grow your skills as a manager.
- Travel: You'll be out-and-about with the team on the hunt for the latest trends, cool products, and unique finds that you think would engage a customer. Trade shows, studio visits, farm tours, and competitive market trips will all be part of the fun in fleshing out the Assortment.
- Grow! Innovate! Share!: As a new team and a new platform, there will be a focus on individual growth, as well as innovation within the eCommerce space; there is tons of opportunity to grow existing skill sets, as well as explore new functions, new ways to approach DTC retail, and new tools to get there. All ideas welcome!
This job is for you if you are
- Passionate about Home: You love a good find for your home, and understand the importance of curating a beautiful collection of product.
- Analytical: You're great at reporting, even better at analyzing, and like to be challenged to strategize the path forward from your data findings.
- Customer-Centric: You understand that building a Brand is essential to a healthy business, and the Customer is at the core of a healthy Brand. You see product (and the storytelling tied to it) through a customer-lens.
- High-Energy: You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and bring a positive attitude and charisma to your communication with external partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Growth-Minded: You're looking for a role you can grow within – and beyond. You love to challenge yourself to take on new tasks, and to continue making yourself uncomfortable and taking risks in an effort to grow.
- Entrepreneurial: You're a self-starter who takes the lead in getting things done. You love to work autonomously to fuel your goals and initiatives.
- Collaborative: You live for the "teamwork makes the dream work" ethos, and thrive in an environment where you can own a piece of the puzzle, but work collectively with others to put it all together.
You're going to need this to carry out this job
- 5+ years experience in Merchandising, Category Management, and/or Buying. (With at least 3+ years experience in eCommerce specifically)
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with inventory forecasting
- Ability to travel 5+ times annually
Marquee Brands Benefits and Perks
- You'll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, entrepreneurial and fun.
- Competitive salary, and bonus structure
- Healthcare Benefits including dental and vision
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Action Days - two (2) fully paid "Marquee In Action" days each calendar year to dedicate your time to a charity or cause of your choice.
- 11 Paid Holidays: In addition to Paid vacation.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.