Fashionphile is an ultra-luxury e-commerce retailer specialized in the buying and selling of preloved accessories and handbags from brands including Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton & Gucci. At our core, we're a technology company with a mission of making the world's coveted brands more accessible by breaking down the walls of traditional luxury.
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented self-starter to join our Digital Division as an Email Marketing Specialist. This is a key member of the Marketing Communication team and will report to the Sr. Manager of Marketing Communication.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the overall email calendar, utilizing a holistic planning approach to determine optimal programming for our audience.
- Execute winning strategies to maximize revenue and productivity through the email channel.
- Develop the email subscriber base to acquire more shoppers and sellers through email channel.
- Manage email production process end-to-end through campaign scheduling, segmentation, creative development, asset production, QA and post-deployment reporting and takeaways.
- Evaluate weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly email reporting, with thoughtful analysis and recommendations.
- Project coordination for new email triggers, transactional emails, and special projects.
- Stay current on email best practices and industry standards; continuously recommend new approaches, innovative ideas, and / or technologies to deliver on KPIs.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 3 years of e-commerce email marketing experience.
- Bachelor's in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or relevant field.
- Hands-on experience with an enterprise-level email service provider (SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD A PLUS).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to obtain common goals.
- A forward-thinking mindset that drives you to help us create the future.
- Has a positive attitude and ability to receive feedback constructively.
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, responsible, dependable, honest.
- A person who can recognize and do what is best for not just our company, but also for our customers and suppliers.
- Intelligent and organized self-starter who can work independently with little direct supervision and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills: ability to multitask, follow instructions, work on a deadline, and be a quick learner.
- Excellent communication (both verbally and written) with a Client Service orientation
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Above average computer skills.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- On-the-job training
- Employer paid health-care coverage for employee and generous contribution toward dependent coverage
- FSA and HSA options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Free Life Insurance and AD&D
- Commuter Benefits Plan
- Employee Discount
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) plan with generous match