Who We Are
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, and Too Faced … just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
What We Offer
- Free product allowance and employee discounts (on ELC products and also at gyms, retailers, restaurants, more)
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan contributions
- Generous parental leave (20 weeks)
- Flexible summer Friday options
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- Competitive 401k company match and a company-funded retirement growth account
About the Role
The executive director, global e-commerce, will be responsible for developing and executing the online strategy to drive global growth for our brand sites, retailer.com, and third-party platforms. The executive director will work closely with regional partners to drive top- and bottom-line growth across all channels, regularly reviewing operating metrics, key performance indices, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
The director will develop effective relationships with regional online business teams, share best practices and help regions activate locally relevant commercial programming, and lead online business reviews with the markets.
The executive director will be responsible for delivering a branded online experience that represents the brand equity and drives engagement and conversion by anticipating the needs and exceeding the expectations of a multichannel consumer. Responsibilities will include developing global merchandising programs as well as brand site user experience, including new features and functionalities, promotion guidelines, site operations and analytics. This role will oversee the brand site redesign and be responsible for ongoing enhancements as well as global rollout. This role will also work with markets on optimizing performance on third-party platforms such as Tmall and retailer sites.
An analytical and strategic thinker is required to balance new customer acquisition programs with retention initiatives as well as identifying and embarking on business development opportunities. Another key component of this role will be data analytics skill and using it to identify and evolve the online business.
This role will work closely with the global Online Regionals and Affiliates, Global Functions, the NA E-Commerce team, and corporate partners.
Strategy and Leadership
- Develop the online strategy and priorities to accelerate the business.
- Develop effective relationships with regional and affiliate teams to execute global brand and online strategies and all e/m commerce activities.
- Research industry trends seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push the business forward.
- Acquisition/retention guidelines and search engine optimization best practices and initiatives
- Provide leadership and direction to team on all aspects of the brand online and effectively manage workload, vendors and all projects.
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflows that will improve process and efficiency.
- Support onboarding of global e-commerce personnel in each region and training on online tools leveraged globally.
- Partner with regions to drive profitable e-commerce business across brand sites, retailer.com, and third-party platforms in all regions, with a special focus on top markets.
- Lead monthly business reviews with each region. Identify needs and areas of opportunity, and guide the regionals in best practices to further drive their businesses.
- Conduct ongoing workshops to share e/m commerce best practices with online regionals and key markets to drive A&P effectiveness.
- Synthesize and communicate business performance to key stakeholders, including Consumer Engagement, Product Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Work with regions and supply chain to ensure that forecasting is done appropriately to meet demand for key events and that inventory allocation is secured.
- Budget: Support global Online LRP and budget process.
- Develop seasonal merchandising calendar to address global needs, including promotions.
- Drive programming for key moments such as Black Friday/Cyber Monday and work with regions to implement.
- Drive commercial innovation with new selling models.
- Provide overall promotion guidelines and liaise with brand teams to continually re-evaluate the needs of the business.
- Partner with product marketing on online-specific needs for samples, online exclusives, etc.
- Oversee projects such as search enhancements globally and ensure execution across all markets.
- Drive site redesign and rollout.
- Regularly benchmark and iterate on brand.com user experience to drive engagement and conversion, including both pre- and post-purchase experience.
- Identify innovations that can improve the brand site experience and work with relevant parties to execute. Drive the site feature road map globally.
- Work with regional partners to ensure local relevancy is accounted for and provide support to make necessary adjustments at a local level.
- Manage the brand’s SEO and on-site search strategy and share best practices with regions for local implementation.
- Ensure regular audits and deliver a bug-free environment on brand.com in collaboration with Global Production/Engineering.
- Bring best-in-class consumer experience and programming to our brand stores on third-party platforms such as Tmall.
Reporting and Analytics
- Analyze business metrics and site performance globally.
- Lead business analysis of all merchandising and online programs to drive continuous improvement in sales and engagement.
- Calculate return on investment for new program launches or new innovations online and provide recommendations on next steps.
- Provide best-in-class practices and guidelines to help markets win with online retailers (e.g. merchandising, assortment, etc.).
- Work with markets to identify key activations and provide global creative support.
- Work with product marketing on assortment for key retailer needs.
- You have 10-plus years of e-commerce/digital experience, including at least five years to seven years in a commercial e-commerce role
- You have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, merchandising, marketing, and site operations
- Ability to translate brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team
- Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail, and work well with cross-functional teams
- You're collaborative and comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and driving alignment; you have a proven track record of being a change agent
- You're able to multitask and manage multiple priorities, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a BA/BS, and potentially a MBA
- You’ve preferably worked with or in Asia
- You love being part of the growth of a legendary brand
- You’re excited to translate the vision of a leading prestige skincare brand in the world through digital channels
- You thrive in a super-competitive global landscape
- You live for the challenge of double-digit profitable growth in a dynamic organization
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 229931
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is the company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.