Taubman has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager at Kansas City’s most iconic shopping and dining destination–Country Club Plaza Mall!
In the General Manager role, you will lead, direct, coordinate and manage all functions related to the management of The Mall of San Juan.
Your day to day responsibilities will include...
- Leadership of it's local management team and contractors, ensuring a first-class experience for it's tenants, customers and community.
- Develop team priorities and goals and ensure there is a pathway to success through team motivation, inspiration and accountability.
- Oversee the development and execution of expenses and revenue budgets, production of quarterly forecasts and monthly expense variance review, and ensure compliance with all company expense controls.
- Ensure facilities programs and practices are implemented and administered consistent with Taubman standards and that of a first-class super-regional mall.
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure stores open on or before lease. commencement dates and to ensure tenant construction meets or exceeds company standards.
- Act as liaison with Leasing including processing of design packages in compliance with approved lease. exhibit, communicating criteria, assisting with and obtaining cost estimates and code backgrounds.
- Oversee all security functions to ensure that the property remains safe and secure.
- Ensure the property is properly prepared for emergencies through leadership of the Emergency Preparedness Committee and implementation of effective drills.
- Drive local revenue generation by ensuring local management team is actively soliciting sponsorship deals, maximizing short term leasing opportunities and optimizing other income streams (e.g., parking, temporary storage, vending, etc.).
- Serve as the center’s primary spokesperson with media outlets, tenants, customers, police and local officials. Leverage and optimize external relationships for the benefit of the center.
- Direct responsibility for the overall results and performance of the property.
- Produce a 10 year capital spending plan that balances the building’s financial objectives with building infrastructure needs.
The ideal candidate will have...