The Amazon WW Marketing and Prime team is seeking an exceptional person to lead the next phase of Amazon's US brand development and go to market campaigning. As Head, Brand and Cross-Category Marketing, you are responsible for driving customer awareness and engagement around foundational Amazon retail programs that deliver value, convenience and selection. Your team also defines the marketing strategy for major US sales events such as Cyber Monday and Back to School. You will be the steward of one of the world's most valuable global brands as your team envisions and executes the multi-channel marketing strategy, from TV to onsite, for Amazon US retail with significant influence over how the program is designed and marketed globally.
As our ideal candidate, you bring a track record of creating and scaling the impact of a consumer marketing team. You are a superb developer of high-caliber talent, able to guide them toward high-scale results. You are energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. You partner closely with business, product and creative teams across Amazon, tapping into both the right and left side of your brain to deliver the best possible experience for our current and prospective customers. You are energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Amazon customers.
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of experience in business, marketing or a related field.
• Advanced degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Strategic leadership of teams through periods of high growth, dynamic market conditions and early-stage ambiguity, similar to what you would experience in a start-up.
• Strong track record of development and experimentation with new and emerging marketing channels.
• Success in developing novel approaches to engage a diverse range of customers.
• Effective leadership of a consumer marketing team responsible for a global brand development, creative development, go to market strategy and cross-category campaigning.
• Evident success in delivering marketing campaigns that break new creative ground, engage memorably and deliver business impact.
• Acumen at interpretation of detailed marketing data.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of senior marketing, creative, product and business leaders to deliver unprecedented results.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.