WE’RE LOOKING FOR THE BEST TO JOIN US:
At Panera we believe that great food can bring out the best in all of us—food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care, through a frictionless, innovative, and industry leading customer experience. We’re proud of the food we serve and the highest quality ingredients (and their sources) that we obsess over. Ultimately, we create clean and craveable food that we’re proud to serve to our own families.
We are searching for the best as we build and strengthen our Digital Commerce leadership team and digital, customer, loyalty and performance marketing analytics capabilities in support of our ambitious brand growth plans.
The Head of Performance Digital Marketing will build, strengthen and lead a team of data driven performance marketers leveraging advanced audience identification and targeting capabilities and the attribute rich My Panera loyalty data base of over 40M registered members. This leaders will accelerate an always on audience first strategy aimed at driving incremental retention, new customer acquisition and annual spend/customer and will focus on the following key profitable acquisition categories considering a customer lifetime value (CLTV) investment lens: Digital Order, My Panera Registration, Coffee Subscription, and App Download. Primary acquisition vehicles include paid search, paid social, retargeting, programmatic, affiliates and partnerships.
This critical leadership role, team, and leading capability will help drive the required growth in size and productivity of our customer base to achieve our financial targets. They will lead and orchestrate internal and external agency and media partners to enable real time automated investment and audience targeting decisions on external digital properties to drive traffic and sales to our digital properties and our cafes. Key internal partners will include Digital and Customer Analytics, Marketing Technology, CRM/Loyalty, IT, and the Panera Media team.
- Build a world-class performance digital marketing capability at Panera through developing/building internal talent and adtech capabilities, external agency partners and vendors, and processes that will directly drive the growth ambitions of our business.
- Drive direct selling (orders) and acquisition (My Panera Loyalty Registration, Subscriptions, App Downloads) objectives at or below LTV informed CPA targets. Lead effort across analytics and external partners to drive continuous learning, refinement, creative optimization, and understanding of incrementality, attribution and performance marketing investment productivity.
- Lead Performance Search, Social, Programmatic, Local, Affiliates and Partnerships and other performance marketing channels that have a clear and direct investment and return relationship and trackability.
- Form trusted relationships and build consensus amongst key stakeholders and leaders in the organization including Finance, Brand and Concept Leadership Team, IT, Media, and key partners within the Digital Commerce Team including the SVP, CEM/My Panera Loyalty, Digital Product Management, Merchandising, and Digital and Customer Analytics. Influence with an advanced combination of well-developed and easily understood frameworks and a personal communication style whose attributes include confidence, humility, and respect while also being an advocate, change agent, and a direct response digital performance marketing educator/evangelist.
- Partner with Analytics, CRM, and external agency/partners to develop and refine the audience segmentation strategy and analytical frameworks inclusive of attribution, incrementality, testing and ROAS that drives our audience-based performance digital marketing investment strategies and operational filters.
- Expand our testing and optimization capabilities, capacity and scale across all our performance digital marketing touchpoints while continuing to infuse curiosity and the continual pursuit of improved performance and efficiency.
- Select, oversee and manage digital performance marketing agencies, ad-tech related vendors, RFP processes, and contract negotiations.
- Oversee performance digital media audience strategy, media and customer analytics and investment measurement in partnership with analytics.
- Partner with analytics to refine scalable frameworks that enable ad-hoc and strategic insights and regular reporting that fuels enlightened performance digital marketing decision making.
- With the team and in partnership with analytics, create and deliver impactful presentations to senior leaders that crystalize digital performance marketing results into clear and actionable insights. Drive a culture of data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of customer-driven analytics across our digital marketing channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Finance, Accounting) or related fields. MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in direct response advertising. Specific digital performance marketing required including paid search, paid social, programmatic display, affiliates. Catalog/Direct Mail experience a plus given the rigor and training involved in the catalog/direct mail unit and customer analytics.
- Ideal candidate has worked in both direct to consumer national or global retail brands (specialty and big box) and inside one of the major digital media players (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon, Criteo).
- 10+ years of managerial experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills with the ability to frame complex analytical, digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding of our customers. Ability to bridge marketing, media, analytics, CRM finance and technology disciplines.